Gary Brocklehurst emails!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gary Brocklehurst emails!

Out of the blue today I got an email from the email account of Gary Brocklehurst (Ex Derann staff member) asking if I could do a favour for him, but what got me suspicious was the fact he didn't address me by name, now I've known him for over 30 years, talked to him constantly in the Derann days, and he did not call me by name. I emailed his account, this time giving my name, the story was that he had forgotten his nieces Birthday and could I buy him an Amazon gift card, I replied (already being very cautious) that I had already been out and was sorry I could not help him out. Then I got another email asking if I could do it online, well as he's emailing me why can't he do it? I said sorry, and suggested I did not believe it was Gary sending me these emails, and asked him to contact me for a talk as he has my phone number, well guess what, so far no call. I hope that it really was Gary asking for my help, but surely an ex film collegue, all though very friendly with him, I wouldn't be the first to ask, it would be friends or family, anyway I know roughly where Gary lives, and there's plenty of shops for him to go to, but what I can't get over was asking me to do it online for him when he was clearly online as he was emailing me. So all I'm saying, anyone getting an email from the account of Gary Brocklehurst, be very wary indeed!

Very interesting, Barry. It certainly does sound a trifle suspicious.

Maurice

Comment

You have definitely been spammed for " phishing " and fraud!
      Someone has probably hacked into your email addresses or his email addresses and are using this to pose as " him " .
      Best thing to do is change your passwords on your email accounts .

Funny , a few minutes ago I was sent " phishing " from someone claiming to be Amazon.com asking me to " update " my credit card because it has expired ( NOT !! ) .

I just forwarded a copy of what I received and deleted it .

EVERYONE be very careful doing on-line purchases or answering unknown emails .

Comment

I've just been emailed by a collector who had the same email, so everyone be careful, I was lucky I picked up on it not calling me by name on the initial email, I hope no one else will be duped!

Comment

Originally posted by Barry Attwood View Post
          ..... could I buy him an Amazon gift card .....
          I think these words really prove the email is very suspicious.

Maurice

Comment

I think the PayPal policy to contact members about their accounts is to address by real name. In other words Dear John or Sally rather than Sir or Maam.

So there you go the correct way to determine spam phish or bogus otherwise

Comment

That is the 4th reason why I am solidly against on-line anything practically. Writing letters and in-person is always best

Comment

-friend of mine told me he met his Wife online!

I asked "What? Checkout line at the supermarket?"😉

If I'd known it would be possible to actually specify a spouse in this manner I might have a wife with an engine hoist or oscilloscope now! (Girls like that aren't easy to find!)

Comment

Or oscillate....

Comment

Originally posted by Barry Attwood View Post
                    I've just been emailed by a collector who had the same email, so everyone be careful, I was lucky I picked up on it not calling me by name on the initial email, I hope no one else will be duped!
                    Barry, you have been hacked. Change your email address password asap. See: https://lifehacker.com/how-spammers-...ote-1579478914

Comment

I'm not sure if Barry has been hacked, as I received that email today as well. More likely Gary has been hacked, so Gary, please be on guard.

Comment

I've a sneaky suspicion that a lot of Sky email customers had there details hacked a while back, and we are starting to see the results of that hack, and Gary has a sky email account!

Comment

Originally posted by Maurice Leakey View Post

I think these words really prove the email is very suspicious.

Maurice
                          I remember that Telex went on longer than people expected as in business at the time emails were not legally binding but Telex messages were as the exchange records would show if they were genuine.

Comment

All I hope Gary is ok

Comment

Lee,

I've heard he knows about it and is trying to sort it out!

Comment

Working...
                              X