Blackpool Convention 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackpool Convention 2020

Well this week-end should have been the big 3 day bash in Blackpool at the Grand hotel starting with the Friday night film show, then tonight the Covention dinner and of course the main event tomorrow the Northwest Film Fair sadly all gone for a burton, cancelled because of this damned covid 19 virus. So I just want to say sorry I won't be seeing any of you and enjoying your company at this usally great event, including Adrian,uncle Bob,Simon, Mark,Keith,Jim,Mike,Nigel,Joe(shorty) from the USA.Dominque from Belgium,Oliver from Germany, Peter and Evalyn, Eddie and Mervin from Ireland,all the Guys from Norway and Sweden,Melvin, Paul,Peter,Brian Saberton, Brian Fretwell, Simon, Phil and his wife Denise, if Iv'e missed anyone's name and proberly have there's so many to remember please forgive me. Still we have next years event to look forward to it's already booked for the same week-end so till then keep safe and try and have a Merry Christmas and a better New Year.

Dave Watson

I'm missing this event so much. I hope to see everyone next year.

Comment

I'm missing it all - from seeing the illuminations back on for the TV show "Strictly Come Dancing" and the jumble of O/B vans by the tower to seeing everyone again. With only one other film event since the early part of the year it is a double blow.

Comment

It seems like I am not the only one this weekend suffering from the "Blackpool Blues." It is a strange feeling. My physical body is well and truly planted here in Hull, but my mind is in Blackpool.

Friday

"7.30pm - would have been arriving for the Friday night film. Wonder which one it would have been?"

Saturday

"Would have been mixing with everybody and watching the all day show"

Today (Sunday)

"8am - Time to get up for breakfast and get across to the Grand."

"10am - Would have been going in the convention by now."

Perhaps I shall have a more peaceful mind by 4.30ish when I usually call it a weekend and head for home. I am trying to keep positive, though. I keep reminding myself of the thought that normally enters my mind every May.

WE ARE HALF WAY TO THE NEXT BLACKPOOL !

Comment

How will it look like this year?

Comment

I miss it very much, too!
            And I hope to return 2021...!
            All the best to everyone and stay safe!

Comment

To my dear David and fellow-mates, we will all embrace again. To still feel the Blackpool spirit, am running several shorts and adverts, looking at photos and remembering the warm camaraderie. God Bless you all. Cheers, Shorty

Comment

I know it's a bit late in the day, but I'm now going back to 2017 - that is watch the DVD Dave had done of that years Blackpool event.

Comment

Working...
                X