Ebay easy returns pilot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay easy returns pilot

I had an email from ebay this morning and it seems they are piloting a new 'easy returns' system.

Included in the 'easy' bit is that you don't have to contact the seller to request a return.

Looks to be by invitation only at the moment and I don't know if it goes beyond eBay UK either. The email referred to a purchase I had made a few days ago and I've copied it below but taken out the details of the item I purchased (a DVD player).

​​After some of the recent threads on here regarding ebay buyers returning items, I thought the email was very interesting indeed.

Here's the email:

We are pleased to inform you that your purchase is eligible for easy returns (pilot). Easy returns is a process provided by eBay to facilitate the return and refund of eligible item by eligible private buyers for reason that the item does not match the listing description during the pilot period.

If your item arrives damaged or is not what you are expecting, you are welcome to make a request for an easy return and a full refund (price paid plus original shipping cost) within 10 working days of receiving your item. You will not need to contact the seller and as long as you follow the easy returns process and return the item within 10 days of completing the easy returns request, you will receive a full refund.

Please note that this invitation to participate in easy returns (pilot) is specific to the transaction referred to in this email.

A buyer will always have eBay behind them? Not good news.

Maurice

Comment

Doesn't surprise me.

Comment

I have been slowing down my selling over time, but this makes me want to stop selling, period. eBay will become a rental library as a general rule. Just "buy" it, and then just get your "deposit" back!

Comment

I also got this email for this pilot scheme. I purchased my first Betamax VCR. ( That's right!) I haven't opened it yet but I rarely if ever return things. Don't know what the criteria for this pilot is but it certainly seems to favour the buyer a lot.

Comment

Working...
          X