Got a new digital projector.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a new digital projector.

I bought a new digital projector this week and tonight put it to the test.

Click image for larger version  Name:	download_20201127_180312.jpg Views:	0 Size:	64.8 KB ID:	21674
    Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20201128_015850050.jpg Views:	0 Size:	91.3 KB ID:	21675
    Attached Files

Brilliant Janice what are the specs?

Comment

The brand and model is the iCodis T700.
      https://www.projecticodis.com/produc...l-hd-projector
      • Amazing Full-HD Native resolution
      • 2 HDMI ports, 2 USB ports, VGA and AV allow you to connect all your favorite devices simultaneously
      • From 50'' to 200'' of full on entertainment
      • 4000 Lumens and 5,000:1 contrast will make movies pop like never before.
      • UHD – Brightness
      I saw a demo on YouTube and for the price (orig. price $239... but I got it for $99 on Amazon) it was pretty impressive.

I have been using an old SD Viewsonic that I bought off The Goodwill for $60. I wanted one that would project HD. The image is amazing and I'm able to connect my Chromecast, Roku, DVD, and laptop to it. It's a great addition to my cine room and film projectors. It's easy to show movies (totaling 825 files now) that are on my PLEX server.
      Last edited by Janice Glesser; November 28, 2020, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Nice Janice enjoy

Comment

Sounds good, Janice!

The digital projectors are great! No! -not a replacement for 8 and 16, but as a supplement, they open up whole new possibilities.

For example: my son is a big fan of the comedian Jeff Dunham. Last night he did a concert show on cable TV. Maybe, just a little to celebrate Steven's being home from college, and ease the quarantine that goes along with it, I ran some HDMI cable under the couch and we were able to enjoy the show big screen and big sound.

I'm still editing a Super-8 film for Christmas and I have 16mm on the way from E-Bay: that much hasn't changed at all.

Comment

Ooh I got so much stick in 1989 when I got my Sharp xv100 lcd projector from film friends. It happily sat next to my trusty Eumig both offering something different to our shows over the weekends. Both types of projection offer something unique and I really enjoy both although film is a whole world of magic.

This year I boxed up my Benq video projector and put in a 4K projector which is best friends with my 8mm 9.5 an 16mm equipment making for some smashing film nights under lock down. What a fab interest this is with so much on offer.

Comment

I find what works really well is to do film shorts and then a video feature. From my point of view, I get to be hands on with film, AND sit back and enjoy the show too.

Every so often I have two S8 machines, the VP and 16 at the same time: uses up all the channels on my audio mixer!
              Last edited by Steve Klare; November 28, 2020, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Now we have HD (and UHD) television with multi channel sound - what better way to watch it?

Comment

Generally speaking we watch on a monitor in a bright room: TV goes on at the same time life in general is happening. Not everybody is watching, other things are also happening and people are going in and out of the room. There are commercials too. Besides: one of the things we've learned about cable TV is it's all re-runs all the time! Like a show? Good! it'll be on again in a couple of days! You watch a crime drama you say "Him! He did it! -just like Thursday night!"

This is only for special events: for example we watched the last Winter Olympics this way. It's much more immersive than the usual routine.

It's a rare event: once a year, maybe not even.

Comment

Working...
                  X