Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably money

Comment

I would have thought that a complete film would worth more. If someone buys the reel 2, for example, who will buy the other parts ?

Comment

I can't remember how many reels the Collectors Club release had. I think you could buy a reel a month as your commitment to buy a minimum number a year. If it was 6 this could be a way of selling an incomplete version at a higher price. I only have the Odessa Steps reel myself.

Comment

Me too, Cheers, Shorty

Comment

That's a possibility, Brian (I have this film but with a magnetic strip, mounted on a 360 m/1200 ft, so I don't know if the silent version has 5 or 6 reels). I would rather have looked for the missing reel in this case, if I had such a film, but we'll see if the seller can find an amateur for his different parts.

Comment

Eisenstein actually structured the film in 5 parts as if ready for commercial breaks.

Comment

I have a couple of copies of the film but haven't been able to view them yet. Does anyone know if the CC version was released as 5 or 6 x 200' reels?

Dom, has your copy got a music score on it then?

Comment

Yes.Ali, it has.

Comment

All adds up to, too much, anyway.

But be a begger is someone wants one of the reels badly.

I thought it was 6 reels, but could be wrong.l

Best Mark.

Just found this on the old forum.

https://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-b...c;f=1;t=000616

So looks like 5 is right, but so would £30/35 ( for them all ) really.

Comment

Thanks Dom and Mark 👍

I have a number of the silent classics which one day I would like to get striped and have suitable music scores recorded to make their viewing even more enjoyable.

Comment

Working...
                      X