A Surfeit Of Carry-Ons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Surfeit Of Carry-Ons

Just picked up the two week edition of TV Times for the Christmas period. For two days ITV3 will be showing 17 Carry-On films.

Christmas Day:-
    Abroad. Matron. At Your Convenience. Behind. Camping. Dick. Doctor. Girls. Henry.

Boxing Day:-
    Camping. Cruising. Loving. Again Doctor. Jack. Don't Lose Your Head. Screaming. Cleo.

Maurice

Pleased they are showing some particularly with the passing of Babs.
    Every time I watch a Carry on I keep seeing visions on walking down the long corridor at Pinewood studios leading to the canteen. The walls were covered with all the carry on posters in the 70's it was really amazing.

Will be watching our Super 8 features of Carry on camping and Abroad over the weekend to remember Babs.
    Happy memories.

Comment

Hi, Lee
      Are there any Carry-Ons missing from the Christmas TV listings?

Maurice

Comment

We have the doctor ones on a channel-watched Doctor in Clover today!

Comment

Morning all.
          There were 30 Carry on films and 13 tv specials including the Christmas ones.

The carry on The ultimate Collection dvd boxed set is worth having including all films 13 specials, interviews trailers, documentaries and much more. Some films are in the filmed scope format and in the main of good quality.
          We got our set some months back from Ssinsburys uk £20. Argos usually stock it and Mortisons if you want to head for a store and Amzon of course.
          All discs come in a red box. It's the only set of film I permanently leave out worth a Christmas treat.

If we could locate some good 35mm carry on trailers wouldn't it be great to have a 200ft reel of them to buy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	61SVeZArGmL._AC_SY400_.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	22862

Comment

ITV actually own many of the Carry On Films now, the Rank ones, so these are the ones that get the most repeats. I see Henry is getting a second showing at 03.45 after the Boxing day airing.

Comment

Also just found out that margaret nolan died a couple of months ago as well.She appeared in a few carry ons including convenience and girls where she had the fight with babs and got her bikini pulled off.She was also known as vicky kennedy and made quite a few glamour films in the 1960s for harrison marks amongst others.

Comment

I believe Walton released "That's Carry-On" on Super 8.

Maurice

Comment

Walton released 3 200ft reels of clips they named That's Carry On. Derann released the actual feature as 4x600ft.

Comment

Watched Camping Yesterday.

Fantastic, including Barbara.

The Names are brilliant as well.

Mrs Fussy, Miss Haggard, and Mr ( Josh ) Fiddler !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wt0...ature=emb_logo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VYobozJviY

Its great they are repeated so much on difital so younger viewers can see them.

For escapism fun there`s little to beat them.

Best Mark.

Comment

I would not watch any 'Carry On' on ITV3 as these are heavily chopped about with anything that might cause the slightest offence to anyone cut from the film. The only way to see the films unedited is the DVD (unless you have film copies) which are well worth buying and come with fantastic commentaries from Robert Ross and the Carry on stars. I've met Robert on a few occasions as well.

For anyone with Britbox (I don't have it btw) you can watch a new HD transfer of Camping which is yet to be released on Blu-Ray. Unfortunately the Carry On Blu-Ray releases seemed to have slowed probably due to cost and demand but still hopeful the whole series will get the Blu-Ray treatment.

I will watch one of the reels of my Derann print of 'That's Carry On' as a tribute to Babs.

Graham S

Comment

A clutch of blu rays were released but sadly didn't market that well. Quality high but sales moderate. Perhaps with the passing of Babs they may reconsider bless her.

We need a new Carry on super 8 trailer reel with it being 60+ years since the first film it's over due. Who will step up to the plate in memory to those who made us laugh ??

I keep thinking we should have a UK collective getting some funds together to fund super 8 classics getting to S8, it would be worth making happen for the future.

Comment

I agree with Graham's comments as ITV 3 do heavily cut the Carry Ons when they screen them - ive got the box set that Lee refers to and it is excellent - but i'll also watch some of my super 8 features that I have over the festive season.

Comment

Even the television news bulletins didn't include the end of the scene when Babs is throwing out her arms (and her chest) in "Camping". Although they did include Kenneth Williams famous sentence "Matron, take them away".

Maurice

Comment

Speaking of the "Carry On", crew, I just saw something of they'res that I had never seen before, "Carry On Christmas" an hour long BBC special from the 70's ... Nice and bawdy!

Comment

Working...
                              X