The Polar Express

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Polar Express

Yes its that time of year folks, this print is sitting on the platter at the moment for another one, here it is running from two years ago

I watched the nice Blu-Ray of "The Polar Express" a couple of days ago, although the film is pure treacle as only the Americans can do, it's still one of my favourite Christmas movies, although I'm saving my most recent 4k blu-ray purchase for Christmas Eve this year "Home Alone", which hopefully will look a lot better than the standard Blu-Ray!

Comment

By the way "The Polar Express" is also available in Blu-ray 3D. I did watch some of it in 3D on the Epson VP a while back, but to be honest watching it as a film print on the old Ernemann 2 is the much better option.

Comment

I'm a fan of The Polar Express. I just wish Robert Zemeckis had held off for a few years for more improvements in motion capture technology.

Comment

This one is one of our favorites. We watched it the other night on the VP with supporting Super-8 short subjects.

Very interesting story: Santa as kind of an industrial giant with a supporting staff that's well intentioned, but still just a tiny bit...creepy! It's not always as warm and cuddly as many Christmas movies!

I'm imagining myself 10 years old seeing a full-sized passenger train pull up in front of my house: "Wait! The closest railroad tracks are a mile up the street!".

The know-it-all kid reminds me exactly of my cousin Ronald when we were that age. I'm not sure if I should blame this on bad writing or bad genetics!

Comment

I tried watching THE POLAR EXPRESS a couple times.....I had to turn it off....I don't like the look of the film...as Steve has said...I find it creepy. I tried.

Comment

Smashing Graham. Nice to see the young ones enjoying the show

Comment

Thanks Lee

Its Christmas eve here at the moment, only a couple more hours until midnight and its raining. My daughter and the grandkids were over for a Christmas film. I did not tell them what it was. It was only when the Ernemann 2 projector started, that they saw it was "The Polar Express" my daughter said later that she was not that keen on "The Polar Express" until tonight.

I replied that's because its 35mm film you were watching not a DVD or blu-ray, "film" is a whole different ball game.

Everyone enjoyed it, thought it was great, so that's it for this year. The print will broke down and boxed away until another day.

Comment

Working...
                X