Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error

I see this frequently now. Is it something I'm doing?

I see it at home or at work.

Click image for larger version

Name:	error.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	13.5 KB
ID:	2436

David,

If you stop making mistakes, you won't see it anymore! Actually, I come across this often. I'll click on a topic, get an error message that disappears very quickly and then the topic loads. I'll try to find out what causes this.

Doug

Comment

Strangely, I also get the word error which appears in a tiny box once I've read a post and return to the list of topics. If I read another topic it then appears on that when I return to the list. Mine's not the result of mistakes.

Comment

I get this on my iPhone IOS 13.3 Safari, but not on my WinXP / Firefox desktop computer. As others have posted, this occurs when I click the browser back button from a thread to the prior topic index. It does NOT occur when I enter the topic via the blue/white arrows that takes me to the last post in the thread.

To clarify, on my iPhone the pop up box has a yellow background that appears to be preview text from the thread, that sometime works and sometimes gives the "error" message. Why you would want to see a preview that covers the index for a thread you already clicked into is beyond me.

Comment

Hello,

Same Phenomenon to report, same conditions too.

Comment

Hi All,
            One possibility is to be a 'caching' issue! I cannot solve from my end without having the same set-up, but my guess is that if you see this error message, simply press REFRESH(or F5 on windows) and see if the page refreshes properly.
            Browsers on phones and such(ie tablets) are very hard to manipulate the setups of caching, so you may be stuck if using your phones or tablets for accessing the site.
            However, on windows(or Mac i guess) you can go into options and either:
            1. make sure the forum's URL is added to any popup blockers or ad blockers into your 'safe sites' section so the page loads properly.
            2. in your browser, under 'clear browsing data' settings, I have mine to clear the cache upon exit. You do not want the cache to clear during the session, else when you go back, the error message will appear.

Additionally, this error could be being triggered by a mod security setting that we are unaware of, such as when someone makes too long of a post...a mod can be set to send this error message if one exceeds the limitation set. Only the admins or mods could know for sure. Can also check admin logs to analize when this error is triggered...

Hope this is helpful to some!
            --------------------
            --
            Cheers,
            Matt 📽

Comment

From iPhone IOS 13.3

Click image for larger version

Name:	error.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	129.9 KB
ID:	2510

Comment

Mitchell, your example above is exactly what I'm getting on my apple ipad.

Comment

Working...
                X