The Poseidon Adverture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Poseidon Adverture

Well folks only seven hours to go until midnight. I think we are the first to see the New Year in going to screen this one soon

Well Graham, after the first 'Airport' film of 1970, I count this as the second in what has since become a long list of 'disaster-movies'.

I remember watching it as a kid when it was first shown on TV here in the UK (probably at Christmastime back then) and by chance it's being shown on ITV4 here this Saturday evening, so I'm going to watch it again for the first time in ages 🙂 - but I'd rather see it in its full glory as you will be showing it!

P.S. I can still remember the affects a young Susan Dey had on this even younger boy at the time!

Comment

The Poseidon Adventure was the first film shown at the brand new National Theater in New York City's Time Square. I was a kid and it was the biggest screen I had ever seen. The audience loved it! I think of this every time I watch the Ken Films cutdown.

Click image for larger version  Name:	National72.jpg Views:	0 Size:	32.8 KB ID:	24553

This photo is from the great website Cinema Treasures.

Comment

I think its one of those rare films that has stood the test of time really well. When it comes to the 1970s disaster films Irwin Allen's "The Poseidon Adventure" is in my view the best. When you look at the cast, the excellent script, and "Ronald Neame" direction, its outstanding in every way.

I have to say, that the dirt and grime and everything else Ronald Neame threw at his actors, says a lot for there dedication to the making of this film

A couple of last nights New Years eve screen shots.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	P1170185.JPG
Views:	164
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	24571

Name:	P1170186.JPG
Views:	160
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	24572

Name:	P1170189.JPG
Views:	146
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	24573

Name:	P1170187.JPG
Views:	140
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	24574

Name:	P1170190.JPG
Views:	144
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	24575

Comment

By the way here is a very interesting look at the Queen Mary leaving the Clyde in Scotland after being built, look how narrow the river is. The ship in the film "The Poseidon Adventure" was based on the Queen Mary.

Comment

Got our Church social on Zoom and we are also watching Poseidon after tonight. Have a smashing eve everyone.

Comment

Great video Graham! 🙂

After all these years, I've only just realised that it's NOT Ms Dey in the Poseidon Adventure 😯 - oh well, I used to have trouble in confusing Jack Hawkins and Jack Lemmon.....I was only 8! 😛

Comment

Working...
              X