Moments to Disaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moments to Disaster

Ever get the feeling its just not your day, well 9 months ago it was one of mine, when I fell in the river, thankfully it was not deep, but a certain person I was with, who was in another canoe did keep his distance The camera did not survive but the memory card did, as this video proves. thankfully there is no record of me capsizing though... thank goodness .....PS I will stay on dry land from now on

Graham, I've got the picture but nothing happens. The suspense is killing me!!

Comment

Hi Graham,

I'm sorry about your misadventure. I sympathize too! -when we first took to the waters we lost a still camera and a movie camera to a...submarine moment! We learned always to carry our cameras (and wallets, cellphones and other things that don't mix well with water) in a dry bag (a zip-lock will do in a pinch). We make sure it's secured to the boat, especially when the going gets rough.

I hope you find your way back out there, I find at it's best it's a really great thing to do. I can't do it right now because I might (you know...) die of exposure, but it's good to have something to look forward to!

BTW: What you call a "Canoe", we call a "Kayak". What we call a "Canoe" most of the World calls a "Canadian". The Canadians call a "Canadian" a "Canoe" (They're just being modest!). I suppose we should all call them "Indians" because the Indians invented the thing, but not the Indians in India! If we called a "Canoe" or a "Canadian" a "Native American", some people would think that the United States was taking credit, which might (-and should) upset the Canadians!

I can see why the Canadians prefer "Canoe": They couldn't ever trust their census if a million "Canadians" might turn out to be "Canoes"!

We stick with "Canoe" and "Kayak" here because we do both. (I mean: Isn't it confusing enough?!)
      H
      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0805_June_2018.jpg Views:	0 Size:	115.9 KB ID:	2572

Last edited by Steve Klare; January 19, 2020, 06:58 AM.

Comment

Hope this works Steve

Comment

Working...
        X