Derann Memorabilia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Derann Memorabilia

I have just packed a parcel for one of my Ebay customers (non film) and found an appropriate sized box to use. Just as I had sealed it up I noticed the postmark on the front and just HAD to take some photo's of it for nostalgia's sake.

Ironically, it was posted today 18th January 2021....... exactly 22 years to the day that THIS was originally posted by Uncle Derek and the gang!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC09203.JPG
Views:	250
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	26202 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC09202.JPG
Views:	234
Size:	111.0 KB
ID:	26203 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC09204.JPG
Views:	232
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	26204

Nice Melvin. I've also been having a good sort out and got all the Derann personal letters together, my what we keep.
    The old telex deals they made overseas make for interesting reading and they pretty much had it cornered I think.
    Wifey is going to slip some old paperwork as gifts to her regular buyers as a little extra.

My correspondence letters with Derek go back to 1972 ooch

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0087_Last Derann.jpg Views:	0 Size:	136.1 KB ID:	26231

This was my very last package from Derann, dated August 18, 2011. Normally I'd leap on the thing as soon as I got my hands on it, but recognizing the history here, I stepped back and snapped a photo!

There was a big final sale the following week (or so), and I was poised in front of my monitor like a tiger eyeing a herd of gazelle! I was at work and fully prepared to tell my boss to leave me alone! It was that important! (I could always find another JOB! 😉)

The Super-8 Sales E-mail arrived, I pounced on it and "bought" 5 films. In the worldwide frenzy that was happening, I didn't end up with ANY of those films!

It was fun while it lasted!
      Click image for larger version  Name:	Derann_Compliments.jpg Views:	0 Size:	89.2 KB ID:	26239

Last edited by Steve Klare; January 18, 2021, 04:38 PM.

Comment

A nice surprise when a pair of these came with a film.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1170388.JPG
Views:	194
Size:	112.6 KB
ID:	26495

Comment

I still have loads of my original Derann Films sales lists , catalogues , newsletters and letters going back as far to around 1969 / 70 . Lot of A4 box files full of 9.5mm / 8mm / Super 8mm / 16mm catalogues from many other film companies too. I am a habitual hoarder and never throw any thing out . It used to drive my ex wives crazy !

Comment

Do we still have Ged and Gary?

of course we do what a silly question! 👹😊

Comment

And a few more from the past of Derann still post in The Derann Vaults Facebook group

Comment

Working...
              X