Projectionist/film collector Terry Bange passes away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Projectionist/film collector Terry Bange passes away

It saddens me to announce that Terry Bange, projectionist and longtime film collector passed away on December 27, 2020. Terry, who lived in Ohio, also worked at TV stations and film laboratories during his long career. Terry and his business partner David Baker started the Ohio Film Collector Exchange in 2017. They built a portable 35mm projection system that they graciously transported from Ohio to Wildwood, New Jersey for the 17th CineSea Film Collectors Gathering in April of 2018. Making that first 35mm screening even more memorable, Terry and David brought a stunning polarized 3D print of House of Wax.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-01-24 at 5.20.00 PM.png
Views:	392
Size:	980.6 KB
ID:	26786
    Terry Bange (left) & David Baker at CineSea 17.

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-01-24 at 5.42.35 PM.png
Views:	309
Size:	831.9 KB
ID:	26787
    David & Terry setting up for the screening.

It was a great pleasure meeting Terry at CineSea. He was a delightful person, with a vast knowledge of film and projectors. He told wonderful stories about his many jobs in the industry. Luckily, filmmaker Peter Flynn did an interview with Terry that weekend so some of those stories are preserved.

The film collecting community has lost a valued friend.

Name:	IMG_6379 (1).jpeg
Views:	339
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	26788

Terry purchased a few 16mm features from me a few years back; we began trading films after that and always had great conversations. I never met Terry in person, so thank you for posting the photos. I have many Super 8 titles from Terry and I always think of him whenever I run them. I'm sorry to hear of his passing, but I have fond memories. We were lucky to have known him.

Comment

Very soft-spoken gentlemen, knowledgeable, but a kindly collector who was a friend to us all. He will be missed, his surviving partner David Baker, I extend my prayers...Shorty

Comment

I'm sorry to hear the news. I did not really know him but got to hang out with him a couple times down at Steve Osborne's house. On one occasion we were going through 5' piles of 16mm in Steve's garage and Dave was there too. He did have a lot of stories to tell!

Comment

Many heart-felt THANKS to all who have posted on this thread....
          Dave

Comment

Working...
          X