eBay payment and deductions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eBay payment and deductions

I would like to hear the opinions of members regarding eBays new rule of payments and deductions being made to and from personal bank accounts. I may be being over cautious or cynical, but I don't like the idea of giving them authority to deduct what they like without having notification or the right to question or explain the amount. It all seems too much to just accept what they are asking without them explaining exactly what our rights are in the matter. I understand that their deductions will be taken from any amounts that are due before payment is made but it also gives them the authority to deduct money from ones bank. I definitely don't like that idea.

Switch the funding method to a credit card then. If the charge is not right you can have your card decline the charge while the matter is being investigated. Unless that is not an option in the UK.

Comment

Alan
      yes that is an option but from your answer it sounds like you have not been contacted by EBay on this issue, or do you not use eBay?

Comment

I buy on eBay and I will not use my bank account. I pay with a credit card through PayPal. I do not have a PayPal account. I used to, but not any more.

Comment

That's interesting Bill. Sounds like you have the same reservations as me as to the trustworthiness of EBay. I would like to hear the thoughts of members who both buy and sell though. I can't believe that EBay would intentionally get up to any mischief but there are so many internet scams, fraud and other insecurity problems these days that can leave one at risk. Personally I would have preferred they had left things as they were.

Comment

I was contacted by EBay many years ago on this issue. So I have had PayPal as my funding source for EBay fees for almost 5 years or longer now. So far I haven’t been charged anything extra or out of the blue.

Comment

This isn't anything new, but I like you guys thinking. I'm down to only a few items left and as soon as that stuff is gone, l am just a buyer. I must say, though, eBay has always contacted me if they were going to make a deduction from my account, i.e. the monthly eBay bill.

Comment

Working...
              X