Christopher Plummer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christopher Plummer

Christoper Plummer has passed away on the 5th February here was 91.Sound of Music Battle of Britain Waterloo The Silent Partner and many more you will be missed rest in peace my favorite song Edelweiss

Though known for so many great films, a lot of young people will just remember him as the "bald Klingon" from Star Trek 6 ...
    "Cry Havok!"

Comment

We have lost an amazing person. Quite admired as should be as Christopher was both an exceptional actor and very respected Artist.His impression on film has been preserved. He was A Canadian actor and achieved stardom . He should be remembered. Acting was his Legacy. Sleep well my King.

Comment

Christopher Plummer has been in so many of my favorite movies. He was the grandfather in the first scene of "National Treasure"... the strange and protective manager in "Somewhere in Time"... Brad Pitt's father in "12 Monkeys"... Keanu Reeves architect father in "The Lake House"... and so many more. Sometimes just a small part ... and other times a major character... he always made the film better. I just watched him in "Beginners" a couple nights ago...he and Ewan McGregor were amazing together. R.I.P. - Your movies will live on.

Comment

Can you believe that I only saw The Sound of Music for the very first time a few weeks ago on New Year's Eve!

Another great Canadian passes 🇨🇦

Comment

Great and talented actor. He would tell you that himself. Rather nasty unpleasant person to be round most of his life until in his later doteage mellowed him.

Featured in nearly 100 movies. Fall of Roman Empire , Battle of Britain, Man who would be King and Night of the Generals.

Best movies Sound of Music which he hated because they dubbed all his singing by Bill Lee, Star Trek VI his theatre and Shakespearean contributions to the role were delightful and my personal favourite Triple Cross were he played a role similar to himself in Eddie Chapman.

Mind you his last substantial and Oscar nominated role as Paul Getty in All the Money in the World is also worth watching.

Comment

News reports today seem to indicate his hatred for The Sound of Music was due to his vocal in Edelweiss being overdubbed, the chance to sing being his only reason for doing the film in the first place.

Comment

Definately worth watching as J Paul Getty, if only for the red telephone box scene ........

Comment

What a wonderfully long career, with so many good roles coming to him late in life. He's perfect as Scrooge in 2017's The Man Who Invented Christmas. Also worth watching, especially for film lovers, is Man in the Chair (2007) where he plays a retired gaffer who talks about working on Citizen Kane.

Comment

Working...
                  X