UK TV Programme. "Find it,Fix it, FLog it"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK TV Programme. "Find it,Fix it, FLog it"

I watched and afternoon repeat of one of the episodes where they found a pristine looking Bolex 16mm silent projector and the first thing they said was "That would be a good to fit a light on top and make a lamp."

I nearly called out "NOOOO!!!"

When the electrician returned saying he couldn't do it I thought good. However it seemed that was due to the lamphouse containing asbestos. It eventually was valued at £0 as it could not be sold containing asbestos like that. Not turned into a lamp, but I hope it wasn't just scrapped and I wonder how many others there are out there like that.

Entirely agree Brian. I absolutely hate what they call "upcycling". In my opinion things should only be restored, or scrapped if that's not possible. Why do some people want to create lamps out of everything?

Comment

I've seen a Pathe Lux on eBay it has a lamp, but certainly not where the Pathe engineers designed it to go.

I think from memory whomever is selling it wanted £100 for it. I'll try and find a link/photo for it ( have only just joined so will have to reread what I'm allowed to do...) Be warned once seen it cannot be unseen!

Comment

Working...
      X