Holidays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holidays

Well this took my breath away on the subject of holidays. When I was with the airline and after 10 years I was entitled to 6 weeks paid annual leave, which you were required to take within the year, "no if and butts about it" . I remember going to the interview for that job, all they talked about, was what you were going to get, your hourly rate, overtime rate, holidays, sick leave and so on. At the end of the interview they said to me, do you have any questions Mr Ritchie? I replied....when can I start...."ha ha" we will let you know and they did, and I started within a couple of weeks.

Taking your holidays here is really important, otherwise your employer will think there is something wrong with you if you don't. Of course you have to get them approved with the company, but once given, you dare don't show your face back at work while you are away, otherwise someone will say, what are you doing here?, you are supposed to be on holiday.

All the places I have worked at, people used to ask, what did you do during your holiday. People were genuinely interested.

The same goes for when I worked in Scotland, you were required to take them, and not let them accumulate into the next year. The idea of holidays is to give people a break away from there work environment, so when you get back, you have re-charged your batteries and raring to go. well almost

This covers it really well

Funny thing at "Muffin Break" at the mall a while back, one of the girls asked me how was my long holiday weekend?, the other girl doing the coffee machine interrupted "being retired he is "always" on holiday". .

Such is life

Comment

I'm raring to go camping again Graham with beloved wife and my trusty Eumig projector for another farmers field outdoor show. Might stand a chance May time if we are lucky.

Comment

Sounds good Lee we are into summer at the moment, and in general the weather is pretty good, but not like back years ago, where the summers seemed much longer, with consistent day after day of sunshine

I was looking at some photos of Scotland of late, and it does appear that sea levels have in general risen much higher to what I remember them being, I guess its down to climate change.

Comment

I am hoping for more time away than the 5 days around the CHC weekend in Cleethorpes I managed last summer. Good sunny weather most of the time though.

Comment

Working...
          X