And yet, more EBay stupidity!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And yet, more EBay stupidity!

In this case, it's not eBay policy. There was a cartoon l thought I would make an offer on. The cartoon starting bid is 6.99. I put in an offer of 4.00 dollars, seeing if the seller would Bite. Bite he did, sending a counter offer of ... wait for it ..... 6.98! OK, I know that a seller wants to do they're best to make a good sale for themselves and I respect that, but if you are going to accept offers, don't make counter offers that are assinine as well as quite frankly, insulting.

He probably found your offer insulting...the same has happened to me. Although in my case the counter offer was even higher that the opening bid. I just moved on.

Comment

The same thing I'll do. Someone that has a starting bid of 6.99 to begin with is someone who wasn't putting a high value on they're item in the first place, hence my offer. Oh well, it wasn't something I actually needed. I bid on too many things at the spur of the moment anyhow.

Comment

If I put items for sale on eBay with best offer. I either put the minimum I am prepared to accept or put automatic rejection of any offer below the starting price. You have piss artists who come on with silly offers. Being automated you don’t have any work to do and they soon use their three offers. 😜

Comment

It works the other way too sometimes. I listed an expensive Leica camera at a price that I thought to be acceptable and some idiot made an offer of almost twice the price that I had listed it, on the condition that I posted it that day. When I questioned the bidder on the address and told them that it was not possible to post the same day, I heard no more. That has happened more than once. Why would any genuine bidder not try at the asking price. Definitely a scammer.

Comment

Leica quality Terry We've offered more than usual if its something of film sentimental value from olden movie days. Film wise I seem to have been blessed the last year as a number of collectors have kindly been helping me direct with nostalgia titles I was hoping to find eliminating The Bay for best part. In return its nice to help them back in one form or another. Expect others do the same also keeping contacts wants list which is a reel help.

Comment

Working...
            X