Tony Hutchinson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Hutchinson

Sad to report that the well-known 16mm dealer Tony has passed away. He was a regular at most conventions including the Blackpool events and the Ealing BFCCs. Those of us who attended these events were sure to have come across Tony, always asking 'Have you any black and white features?'

Very sad, I also had a few super 8 bits off him over the years.

He was moving film out last time I spoke to him I think 2 or 3 years ago.

But with cine, it always comes back often.

Only had phone and then later also email contact myself, but a nice chap.

Best Mark.

Comment

yes he shyed away from faded for awhile, but came back to them, i knew tony for 40 yrs and am really going to miss him

Comment

I have heard of him, never had the pleasure. My prayers for the loss of your dear friend...Shorty

Comment

you most likely meet him a blackpool joe

Comment

What very sad news, I've known Tony myself for well over 30 years, and he was always good fun to be around, especially when his friend and fellow 16mm fan Laurie was with him, I don't think any of the big film conventions will be the same without Tony, he was one of those constant figures, always there showing his 16mm films he had for sale, and drinking coffee, he loved his coffees! He will be missed by many!

Comment

Sad news indeed.
              I think the last time I saw him was at Ealing, in the school. He was unhappy as his slot-loader was not working and he didn't have a back-up. He was always willing to run a short section of a film if I was interested in buying.
              I bought many films from him, perhaps my best buy was the five reeler "West Side Story" in 'scope and Technicolor. Not cheap. but a fantastic film on a fantastic print.
              R.I.P. Tony

Maurice

Comment

Yes he will be missed and a loss to film collectors, had a few dealings with him over the years, always a jolly chap and he attended many fairs all over the country, Mark

Comment

God bless you Tony and the family.

Dear Tony was always with Laurie also gone and piles of 16mm and what good company they were. Tony used to always call here when passing for lunch and watch some British 16mm titles then say "I'll buy that one' We loved the characters with quite a few passing on in recent years which is a loss in itself.

Will miss you very much. Tony at my film fair 😢

Click image for larger version

Name:	Tony Hutch LM.jpg
Views:	425
Size:	112.2 KB
ID:	28493
                  If any of the magazines need a photo for obituary you are welcome to use this LM

Comment

R.I.P.
                    Tony was a character, legendary. He’ll be missed.

Comment

Yes, I do remember meeting him, after seeing the photo...again, my condolences to family and friends...Shorty

Comment

Very sad to hear of this news. We did meet him a number of years ago when we attended Ealing. A huge player in our hobby.

Comment

Tony will be sadly missed by us all, he was a great enthusiastic character and loved his 16 mm features . RIP

Comment

Tony was always at Harpenden and I bought a few L& H shorts from him over the years. Never shy of promoting his sales and Yes a real character and a sad loss. RIP.

Comment

Very sorry to hear this sad news. The last time I saw him was at Blackpool in 2019, but as he also turned up at small events like Rickmansworth, and he may well have got around to more than any other UK dealer. The first time I went to the CHC August Sale weekend, I found I was staying in the same guest house as him. Probably the best sturdy 16mm film boxes I have were bought from him, when he took the initiative to have a batch made in the 1980s, and he even kindly delivered them to my home in South London! Despite him being 'Mr Black and White", like Maurice my most notable buy from him was a colour feature, which was the Hammer film 'The Vampire Lovers'. I remember collecting it from him at a hotel in Paddington, where he had a stall at a Western B Movie convention - which is another example of the broad range of events that were on his radar.

Comment

Working...
                              X