How to navigate eBay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to navigate eBay?

Here is a different eBay topic, not really a complaint .... No, really! I have noticed recently, that eBay has changed its search engines so much, that the regular topics only show only so much, while I will search for a random one title, and will find that I not only find that title, but others I didn't see listed beforehand. A good example of this is the just mentioned Romancing of the Stone, which was apparently listed, but I never saw it, and I regularly type in "super 8 scope films", but it never came up, so, is there SOME kind of way to get everything super 8 to actually appear?

I've wondered this myself! I see so many posts of people showing films on eBay I've never seen up for bid on the website.

Comment

Osi
      It probably has to do in the way that a film has been advertised.
      All you can do is to insert "Super 8 Films" and hope that this will catch all films that are listed.

Maurice

Comment

I usually do a combination of different searches like ‘Super 8 films’, ‘Super 8 features’, ‘Super 8 home movies’.

Comment

I usually do three or four searches, "8mm", "super 8", "super 8 scope films", "super 8 optical sound films", but there are nearly countless films that I still run ini, literally on the last day! I'll also switch it around and type in "super 8mm" and "standard 8mm", but still, surprised endlessly.

Comment

Use Advanced Search and make it as broad as possible. After the search, start applying Filters to narrow the search down. When you get the results that fits your needs best, Save the search to use in the future. Here is a saved search I created for Super 8:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_dmd...2&_stpos=98036

Note: you don't need to code anything. The search above is a result from Advanced Search, followed by Filtering. The saved search creates this link for you. You can use the link above to see which filters I used and then modify it to fit your needs.

Comment

Working...
            X