"2012"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "2012"

Gave the VP a rest tonight with the screening " once again" of one of the best disaster film I think ever made. The Ernemann 2 ran like a swiss watch, here are a couple of extracts from the film that was taken at a previous screening. Apart from the full on action, the one thing that really stands out, is the amazing Dolby Digital 5:1 sound, totally different from any blu-ray running through the same Yamaha amp....PS Its a pity you folk live so far away, you would have a ball watching this one.
    Last edited by Graham Ritchie; March 05, 2021, 02:45 AM.

Very COOL Graham ...reminded me of the old Universal Studios Resort ride in Florida of " Earthquake " !

Comment

Wow Graham that looked fantastic! 🙂

​​​​​Let me qualify that, I meant that fabulous projector! I've never been one for what I call these 'fantasy' or blockbuster films, and especially as they have been spoilt so much by the over-use of CGI - but I would happily sit next to and watch that great projector purr away for a couple of hours! 😉🙂

Comment

David - I went on that very ride on my honeymoon back in 1992 and it was great! 🙂

Comment

In fact, I think I still have some Supe8 footage that I shot of it at the time!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1160975.JPG
Views:	180
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	29250 I can't help but feel that the special effects people for "2012" were told by the director...."go for it" throw everything in .....The script was very well done as well, a couple of scenes made me ......Quote from line..."Its not just California its the whole god dam world going to shit"........ Its certainly my kind of movie .
            Last edited by Graham Ritchie; March 05, 2021, 12:15 PM.

Comment

I must admit, that is a good line!

Comment

I should have added this one to the best list

Comment

Working...
                X