Mail scam (UK only)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mail scam (UK only)

Just a heads up to members that there's a text / email scam doing the rounds in the UK that you could easily be fooled by, particularly if you are expecting a parcel via Royal Mail.

I was alerted to this after my Daughter had a text today that purported to be from Royal Mail, saying that she needed to pay £2.99 shipping fee on her package. As it happens, she is expecting a package this weekend and thought it was in connection with that.

Lucky for her, she didn't have time to mess with it as she was on her way to work and so she forwarded it to me to deal with for her.

A bit of checking online soon revealed it was a scam. Quite a few newspapers reported it last week. Here's a report from the Daily Mirror:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...watch-23557228

These phishing emails and texts depend on getting lucky that someone will not question why they have received it as they are expecting a parcel, just as my Daugter is.

I know a lot of members here look forward to their parcels of films coming by Royal Mail, so stay alert!

This happens in the USA too by UPS FedEx and the postal service
    When i get one like this i check the (there email address ) and of course its not from UPS FedEx and the postal service
    I do have accounts with them I go to there web site 1st and check Yep it is spam
    Also watch your Email credit cards if you get a email that you bought something and is awaiting payment don't open it Look at the senders email and its Not from any one you know
    Check 1st with your credit card company I got a few of theses in the past month
    Please Always Look at the senders email and its Not from any one you know or are sure its safe

Comment

There is a big piece on scams in the new issue of ""Which" the UK consumers magazine. Frightening what some people will do one woman lured abroad on a "romance" scam was found dead!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X