"Air North"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Air North"

I think Air North is still flying our old 748s, It was funny watching this video, as the passengers boarded up the air stairs on this 2017 flight, from "Inuvik to Dawson City". I noticed the heated door seal mod we did. During certain conditions the door seal would freeze up, this resulted in the cabin crew having to pour warm water down onto the seal, so they could open the passenger door. All the doors had a over center locking. ie the door claws have to pull the door "in" slightly before the door can open outward. We did those heated mods to cure this freezing problem. When I saw this video, I did comment to the person posting it to you-tube, he mentioned that indeed the aircraft had been one of ours.

The 748 was built like a tank, ideal for rough strips and short take off. I guess "Air North" saw those aircraft as ideal for the purpose. I was surprised that they were using them for so long, as they must be getting on. I think they have now introduced the ATR72 which we used to call the plastic fantastic for good reason I wont go into

Anyway this video is nicely shot on a journey to Dawson City.

Enjoy
Working...
X