X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Wars 35mm Scope

Star Wars Scope Eastman Print has Fade but a lot of Bids

https://www.ebay.com/itm/184711133368

It is the original 1977 version, before the film’s opening crawl was altered to include “Chapter 4: A New Hope” in 1988. That makes it rather rare. I would be concerned about how much life a vinegaring print has more than the color fading.

I believe the seller is a 16mm film collector (not me) and is active on 16mmfilmtalk. As far as I know he is a reputable seller.

Comment

The color isn't that bad. Rate indeed. I sometimes wonder if a "vinegar smell" is just a chemical smell.

Comment

WOW so far 52 Bids and nearly $4,000 US, for this amazing Classic, its done in 1978 before George Lucas, decided to re-edit and put in some 250 changes in Current Version available on Disk.

https://swrevisited.wordpress.com/anhr-change-list/

Comment

Sold for $4425.00 US

Comment

Here is a Link of a Star Wars Super fan trying to get his hands on an original 1977 Print.

https://www.fastcompany.com/3056998/...original-print

Comment

I've seen it, and it is neat to see it, as it truly was. I talk to some people who are like, so what? Well, you honestly had to be there.

Comment

It was our own Lee Mannering here on the forum that first made me aware of this version;

Project 4K77 | The Star Wars TrilogyProject 4K77 | The Star Wars Trilogy

Bluray HD 1080p copies can be found on eBay.

I love my Derann super 8 copy but this venture is outstanding. It is like seeing the original 1977 version in fantastic quality and even a choice of soundtracks; 16mm mono, Dolby Stereo or the original Dolby 6 track.

You can also get copies with or without DNR to reduce the grain. I hummed and harred and went for the DNR version. It looks amazing.

Comment

If you look back into the backlog of historic documents on the old beloved forum you will see I predicted this happening many moons ago.

These good souls so love film they have put a huge effort in to get the films back to how they were from a Cultural History standpoint and what outstanding work.
                  New Hope, Jedi and shortly Empire is also in final stages of completion.

A new hope and Jedi are both amazing work and with this in mind Empire which is nearing completion will complete the trio.

To be clear. These have been high end professionally scanned and properly restored.

Painstaking work yes and true, nay reel dedication for the love of it.

Comment

Working...
                  X