No announcement yet.

Films you wish had never been made

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thankfully the stage musical Seberg, based on the life of the actress in Paint You Wagon, never made it to film. At the National Theatre they had to close the circle to make it look as if they had an audience it was that bad.

Comment

That is ironic, I actually like "Paint", not a perfect musical to be sure, but I admired the fact that they actually used the actors own singing voices. Almost all of the John Waters films! Here, I am a professional screenwriter, writing intelligent as well as unique angles to genre's, (gee, maybe that is why I can't get them off the ground), and this guy gets unadulterated as well as adulterated crap made for years!

Comment

Osi

This was a big hit for "Lee Marvin" at the time, I have the 45 as well.

Comment

Graham - As I mentioned on my last post, the soundtrack recording LP is excellent. The version of Wand'rin Star on the album is much longer than the single version, and your video is the only real highlight of what I think is a lousy film. I think this film's only redeeming feature is that it got us to see two people singing who we would never have guessed would ever attempt it...... Lee Marvin and (twice) Clint Eastwood.

Comment

One scene I never forgot, was this one........"Hello Parson Welcome To Hell" ....as the town collapses. I think Melvin we will have to agree, to disagree over our thoughts on "Paint Your Wagon"

Comment

Although I've never seen the film I am aware of the song - which was actually No.1 in the UK charts for 3 weeks in March 1970!

If that wasn't frightening enough for the 'proper' artists, the 'B-Side' had 'I Talk to the Trees' on it by ......
              Clint Eastwood! 😯

Comment

OK!, OK!

I have one: The Lego Movie!

Don't get me wrong: my 12 year old enjoyed it greatly, but you see for HIM to see it, so did I!

There just are times when you are a Mom or a Dad, that you sacrifice for your child. This can mean driving the same car for twenty years to send them to college, or utterly freezing your butt watching the end of PeeWee Soccer in December. It comes with the job title.

I count those 100 minutes watching a joke I wasn't in on as one of my lesser sacrifices!

Comment

I generally don't object to remakes, but I like to follow Sam Goldwyn's edict: remake something that wasn't so good the first time and make it better. That being said, I really don't think we needed six additional STARS WARS films, and the various permutations. I like to compare George Lucas and Steven Spielberg: two contemporaries who've worked together (INDIANA JONES). Spielberg, at least, tried many genres. Did he always succeed? No, but he has a great body of work. As a director, Lucas showed so much early promise, but to me, he's the James O'Neill of directors: selling his career for the "sure thing".

Comment

Working...
                  X