• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious collectors only

Get your wallets out.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Super-8mm...8AAOSwXeJatlY3

Few other choice items too.

Can Silly Collectors not play as well 🤪🤪🤪🤪Big Mark (pardon the pun) up from £1.35.

It is £4.99 Heh-Heh-Heh-HEHHH-Heh’ for £499.00 I would expect the Woodpecker.

Comment

You can forget the He-He-He-HEHHH-He Mike, 'cos it looks to be silent!

Comment

Audience participation required then. Wonder will they give a discount?

Comment

Surely someones phone getting text message would provide the right sound - I've had to endure enough of them on buses in the past.

Comment

The same seller is selling 4 plastic spoons in a plastic bag for £20.50.

-the thing is that there are 10 available and 4 already sold.

Just a matter of finding the people who want what you are selling badly enough, I guess.

(Even at that rate: good luck selling Woody Woodpecker for £499!)

Comment

They only paid £1.50 or £1.99 for spoons. Curious or what

Comment

Hells Bells as they say !!!!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/The-Omen-...IAAOSwmERgYyE1

Best Mark.

PS check out the possible inclusions/signs etc re the items !!! too.

Comment

The way he makes it sound those films are wasted. Maybe he should just look at them and then tell you how they are.

Comment

The clown 🤡 is consistent with his prices. The Omen digests are down from £500 to £295 only another £270.00 to go. £150.00 for 200ft Jaws digest and best The Quiet Man feature £500. Never mind it is shy about 30 minutes and is in black and white instead of colour. If eBay charged for listing idiots like this would disappear or having realistic prices.
                    Last edited by Mike Newell; March 31, 2021, 04:29 AM.

Comment

Wow ! This guy has absolutely got his posterior covered from all angles of attack in his description, when the fool buyer wakes up to the fact that he has been had. A serious case of Ebay intervention I suspect, as opposed to an amicable refund agreement.

BTW - I have some empty black 50' super 8 film spools for sale. 2 for 1 special offer for forum members only.... £100 a pair!

Comment

Being Log Jammed probably needs some fiber in the diet!

You started something here Mark.

Comment

Wow ! This guy has absolutely got his posterior covered from all angles of attack in his description,

Hi Melvin...I don't know a lot about 8mm, and I cannot comment on this particular listing, but I fear the posterior covering thing is understandable in some ways.

I buy of ebay, but also sell, as I am after anything that is lost film or interesting old social history...and the things I want tend to come in batches with things I don't want so these have to be sold (or like many here I could not move in my house!).

I will describe everything as poor, and take the lowest descriptor I can. This is because it is not worth the hassle of describing things as "good" and so on because people don't always agree on what these terms mean. You could show 100 people a film, and give them options between Excellent, Good, and Poor, condition and I doubt more than 80 would agree on the same descriptor...that is just human subjectivity in action I guess.

And with film it is especially difficult I think, because there seem so many parameters in which its quality may be measured. When I first became interested in film it had not occurred to me that sprocket splits might be a problem...I assumed most old film was like this. I was genuinely surprised when this was commented on...And what about leaders, and then there is colour, and what of splices, and how about sound hiss, and then there is fungus, and how about fade, and what of Vinegar syndrome, and lets not forget dupes, and how about emulsion drags, then there is shrinkage, and let us not forget scratches, red fade, water damage, missing footage, and finally warping!

I used to collect and sell pottery on ebay...something was either chipped or it wasn't. With film it is much harder. And simply returning an item does not seem enough at times. A buyer will occasionally imply that something is over described intentionally. As if the seller is trying it on, as if the seller's integrity is in question. That hurts most. So I find it easier avoid saying nice things about film. There are so many ways I could get it wrong.

I am too old to fend off accusations of being a con man, from my personal view it is easier to describe things as awful, and sell less or not at all, but to sleep better at night.

Last edited by Ozzie Williams; March 31, 2021, 12:46 PM. Reason: Spelling!

Comment

Is this your listing Ozzie?

Comment

Hi Bill...

Oh no, I would not start any listing at such a high price whatever I had...and I don't really know much about 8mm.

Comment

Working...
                              X