My wife got her wish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My wife got her wish

So today we were clearing out some stuff from the loft ready for the house move , a lot of stuff I'm never going to use so decided to be ruthless, a few machines are going but I've never seen the wife so happy with a projector before, unfortunately it was to throw it in the electrical pile and not run a film, Mark

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210327_113506.jpg
Views:	342
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	30993 Click image for larger version

Name:	20210327_113444.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	30994

That's quite a smile! I don't think the projector is too happy.....

Comment

I am assuming that it didn't run or couldn't be sold for some reason as I have never met a woman who wouldn't want a few extra quid around the house, for a projector sale.

Comment

Yes Doug a little too much enjoyment there.

Unfortunately Osi the machines do work but just want them gone, I didn't think they were worth selling that's all and time is against us, I think I'd advertise them free but no takers as its happened before, Mark

Comment

Lee Mannering, and others, are distraught!

Comment

Oh Dear, the Dream of every Cine Wifey or Partner there !!!

Tough on us blokes though thinking about the machines !!!

Best Mark.

Comment

I'd want that Eumig footplate other than the fact that it's missing the same two feet mine is!

(Apparently it's genetic!)

I keep my parts machines in a part of the house my wife rarely enters. Yes: they are crap, but they are important crap when they keep one of my runners in business!

Comment

It seems such a shame to throw it out, especially if it still goes. I did scrap three B/H 16mm projectors that were well and truly in a mess with broken worm gear etc I had been given. One looked like it had been living in a chicken coup All three machines were dismantled for screws, washers, springs, cooling motor, amp circuit boards etc, anything that I might need for parts for my B/H slot loader with the parts carefully stored in a box.

To be honest I don't think me better half would do what is shown in those above photos, more likely find another home for it. Although in saying that there is "NO" way she or anyone else can lift my Ernemann 2 or Bauer U4 projectors

Comment

Yes I should have realised not to throw them Graham after the backlash you got when you chucked the 16mm Empire Strikes Back, but it was just meant to be a bit of fun that's all in such dark times.

As I said I offered free machines before, arranged collection and the person didn't show up(Robert Tucker) no explanation or apology or even courtesy of a call or email. I shouldn't even be explaining myself to be honest on here, they are not valuable machines so have no guilt chucking them, I'm moving house and don't want to take them with me, if the film fairs were going they would have been offered free but I bet they would have been brought back home and taken to the tip eventually, plus with Covid no one could collect anyway,Mark.
                  Last edited by Mark Mander; March 28, 2021, 03:54 AM.

Comment

Mark that was the 1977 "Star Wars" 16mm Scope print I threw out it was red as a beetroot. I was surprised that there were folk, that actually watch badly faded prints, who seemed to get upset when I junked it. I was even called a "film murder" by one, and suggested by one, that my title on the forum as "film god" be removed

My regret over that episode, after being a called "film murderer", was not taking it a step further and shooting some video of the rubbish truck lifting the bin that really would have taken my "title" to a whole new level .

Regarding your projector, I am surprised that the person who you referred to, did not grab it for parts. If I remember right, that model had valves in the amp? which more than likely you might not be able to get these days.

PS.
                    I was going to post a couple of photos of scrapping those old B/H for parts of late but thought....mmmmm...better not, I remember a film collector here in NZ who has a huge pile of films and projectors. I said to him one day, this is a few years back what are you going to do with all this junk? ....JUNK...he replied. I said it just to get a bite...and it worked
                    Last edited by Graham Ritchie; March 28, 2021, 11:24 AM.

Comment

One man's treasure is another man's trash. As enthusiasts of obsolete technology, we are likely to collect more of the later.

This helpful guide to avoiding accumulating crap might be helpful:

Comment

A lot of truth to that! PS After 30 years of dependable use I had to take our old micro-wave to the metal re-cycle dept, after dropping it of and driving away looking in the mirror, I am sure that micro-wave was looking back at me and saying...you bastard, I actually felt guilty leaving it there

Comment

-on the other hand when they trucked our nasty old oil burner off when they replaced it with a shiny new natural gas furnace, I literally stood out on the porch and waved it goodbye!

Not only has the new one never, even once fill the basement up with blue smoke, it costs less than a third as much to operate!

Graham, a new microwave will never again give you 30 years! Our last one gave us a great big FIVE!

Comment

I remember reading years ago of a collector from South Africa who had extended the arms on a GS1200, and used a old microwave motor and drive unit, attached to the GS take up arm. It worked well by all accounts, when you think about how the turntable inside a microwave rotates slowly, adapting that kind of thinking to the take up, would work.

Comment

Mark I had to gasp for air with that Eumig going!

But I can compete a little as in lock down I raided the loft for anything flamable and the shed clear out to make a new workshop for projector projects, my 8mm striping machine and when I find one a compact e6 film processor.
                              cine wise I binned nothing instead phoned up people I knew used certain machines and they received a
                              bitsa machine in the post. Ultimate recycling

Know what you mean tho Mark with the big move and good luck to you both.

Comment

Working...
                              X