Avoid this eBay seller!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avoid this eBay seller!

I bought a 16mm commercial from "rocroller1", a Burger King animated commercial, with full slate of screenshots, and less than 7 hours after the auction is ended, I find that the auction is cancelled due to either 'item is damaged or lost", but gee, it certainly existed a week ago, in good shape! Probably didn't like that they only got one bid. That's not a valid reason for ending a transaction. Beware this seller! Anybody know who this is?

eBay needs to provide a more varied menu of options. "Honesty is the best policy" isn't a cliche, and sellers need to be able to explain why an item is withdrawn truthfully. Sellers also need to avoid choosing "Or Best Offer" if their starting price is actually their minimum acceptable price.

Comment

It happened to me, on Ebay France, that I won an item, paid for it and receieved a message from the seller saying that he's sorry but sold it elsewhere. Of course, I got a refund but that's just

Comment

I had one not be able to find a film after the end of the auction! It seems he’d had it out there for a long time without a nibble and lost track of where it was.

He made it right: after he found it he notified me and put it back up as soon as I was ready to buy it.

Comment

With deeper search, I found this to be an eBay store entitled, "Hibid Auctions and Antiques", based out of Cordova, Tennessee.

Comment

OK, I was finally able to message them, and this was the reply ... "It wasn't lost, it was DAMAGED. The projector got hungry and ate it up, extensive sprocket damage and torn film. ORDER CANCELLED. ". OK, I can buy that, except for the fact that, wouldn't he have seen this damage, right after they had taken the screenshots, in order to list it?

Comment

avoid the man, he's a blantant bloody liar.

Comment

OK, just when I would have thought that this situation was done, this guy had the absolute GAUL to relist this "damaged eaten by the projector ect" commercial, even using the same exact screenshots, even the same description, less than a month after he screwed me on this auction! Needless to say, I wrote a lengthy message to eBay, containing both the old and new listing number and I still had the idiot message/explanation from this guy! I mean, less than a month? Didn't he have enough ofa brain to realize that I might still be perusing the 16mm section? This eBay seller, once again, is"rocroller1". Beware!

Comment

Working...
                X