Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What TV Shows are you watching?

Greeting friends!

I know we have plenty of movie chats, but I thought it would be cool to have a topic for TV shows we've watched recently or what your favorite shows are!

To start off, I'll give a few to warm the engine up!

Shows I'm watching right now:
    • The Last Drive-In with Joe Bob Briggs
    • The Singing Detective
    Shows I'm sporadically rewatching:
    • The X-Files
    • Columbo

Don't laugh...... but I have just started watching the series 1 box set of...........THE WALTONS !

'night John Boy!

Comment

I grew up on The Waltons! We all need a little advice from Grandma Walton here and there.

Comment

I don't watch much TV these days, but in the past the top series for me on TV I did watch, from back from the early 1970s on, and still do from time to time was "MASH"

Comment

Gunsmoke....Shorty

Comment

Personally, I'm down to just Young Sheldon as my big viewing for the week.

My wife however, takes fiendish delight in all these Crime Scene Investigation dramas about the adorable things psychopaths do to their victims!

What an utter delight to be eating dinner and hearing about some guy gouging people's eyes out and stringing a necklace with them!

I'm a fairly regular viewer of Blue Bloods: the problem is that it's on several cable channels at once and the seasons get all mixed up! Characters that died three years ago are alive again all of a sudden, the Mayor of New York changes daily, the kids grow and shrink again. The only constant is Tom Selleck's mustache!

-excellent show, though...

Comment

Just finished watching the 'Gods of Snooker' three part documentary series on the BBC. Rare that I watch anything on the BBC these days but this was a fantastic trip down memory lane with some of the greats of the past few decades. Essential viewing for anyone interested in snooker and the much missed characters from back in the day.

Another highlight for me was 'The Boys' on Amazon streaming. There are no words to describe how utterly incredible this series is. Looking forward to series three. Also going to take a look at 'Loki' on Disney+ when it premieres in the next week or so.

Comment

Normally I don't watch much television these days the commercials are too boring and the news is not trustable

I watch TV up north in Massachusetts because my parents had it on often and it was readily available

I started to watch Blue Bloods However my interest did not last very long due to my aging parents and the way that would play out during the summer of 2018 in my current home I choose to have cable Internet but not cable TV of any kind and besides most channels and affiliates have their websites so if there's something I want to see I can certainly access it online

Comment

The Champions, Its been showing again and one I've not seen before so enjoying them, Mark

Comment

We've just watched (on my nieces reccomendation) the first 2 series of "A Discovery of Witches", which turned out to be very good indeed, there's going to be a 3rd and final season (it's based on a book trilogy), if anyone likes anything to do with Witches, Vampires or Demons, this one is for you.

Comment

Comedy Playhouse "The Deal" and the series that come from it "Steptoe and Son", Chance in a Million and Sykes on Forces TV and (not TV programmes) the Look at Life shorts on TPTV.

Comment

I don't have a TV licence and told the BBC last year, where to shove it. Instead I use streaming services and enjoy the output. I tend to have Netflix for a few months and then switch to Prime and so on, timing it with watching a season or two within that window. At the moment I'm on Prime so its 'Tales from the Loop', 'Fear the Walking Dead' and 'Vikings'.

Comment

I'm opposite of Chip, I often think that the commercials are some of the best written material on TV. However, we watch repeats of "The Mandalorian", but I've pretty much given up on network TV. Of all the shows that we used to watch religiously, "That 70's Show". Oh, one other great TV show, "The Dark Crystal: Age of Rebellion", Henson's shop has done a good job of still mostly using puppetry and using CGI only when necessary.

Comment

I had a fun time with Mando! Of course, I’m hard pressed to really dislike most anything Star Wars related!

Comment

Osi raises a good point. The movie directors of tomorrow often start somewhere else, and TV commercials is a good media for that.

My problem with commercials are repetition. I've seen an entire commercial blocks with ONLY car commercials. I sometimes feel like I am over come with nausea after watching commercials for medication. I don't mean things like Bayer or NyQuil. But rather, the ones where you have to ask your Doctor if XXXX is right for you.

When my Dad was in his last month, I asked the visiting Hospice nurse about that. He said something interesting.

By suggesting you ask your Doctor and if he agrees, he writes a prescription. If he does this enough - the company behind the medication pays him and his family for a trip to an exotic location for 1 week. All he has to do while on his business trip turned vacation is speak at a seminar to convince other Doctors to promote the medication as well.

Meanwhile here you are waiting 8 weeks for a routine appointment and 1 week before it, the office calls and asks if you can reschedule because the Dr has a business trip.

This crap doesn't belong on TV. It belongs in magazine full page adds.

Years ago I did watch TV faithfully. But that all changed in the course of one week.

I was a fan of the news show Dateline. One show was about GMC pickup trucks, and how if T-boned on the driver's side the fuel tank could explode. The video they showed indeed had this happen. About three days later, GMC released a statement that said "not so fast," and only then did Dateline admit they had used pyrotechnics in their video for special effects and to enhance ratings .

Then Johnny Carson retired, and for the next 30 years there were too many Clinton and Penis jokes.

Don't even get me started on reality TV (thanks MTV for the Real World idea), or Honey-B00-B00.

Comment

Working...
                              X