Kirk Douglas Has Died.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kirk Douglas Has Died.

I've just got up for work this morning to the news that one of the very last of the 'Hollywood Greats' has sadly passed-away at the age of 103.

He was one of the true great movie stars, even as the golden age of Hollywood and the Studio-System was overtaken by the emergence of television.

My favourite films of his include Gunfight At The OK Corral (where his portrayal of Doc Holliday was much more prominent and interesting than Victor Mature's) and Lonely Are The Brave - I've never seen Spartacus or Lust for Life, yet!

So, on this sad day, does this only leave us now with Olivia de Havilland as the last living legend of the golden days of Hollywood?

Ali.

Very sad news, but at 103 what an innings! I think my favourite Kirk Douglas movie was "The Vikings" with Tony Curtis, I can still hear that haunting theme music to this day.

Comment

It is also The Vikings for me, very very haunting music indeed, Ali you must watch Spartacus mate, it is a cracker.

Comment

DeHavilland, yes, also Martha Hunt, "Baby" Peggy, and Norman Lloyd who out-passes them all at almost 105 - There are others, the "Golden Age" is fast-dimming though - Shorty

Comment

Working...
        X