3-d Rarities II Blu-ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3-d Rarities II Blu-ray

Earlier this week, I got to see an advanced copy of the upcoming Flicker Alley Blu-ray release of 3-D Rarities Part 2. It is somewhat different than Part 1 which was release a few years ago. Unlike the earlier Blu-ray, this new one contains four sections. The first is 3-D short films. The second is a collections of Stereo Realist slides of American life in the 1950's and 60's. The third is the complete feature film The Sword And The Rose, the first Mexican 3-D feature from 1953 with the choice of Spanish (with or without subtitles), and English dubbed. Finally, more Stereo Realist 3-D slides from the vast collection taken by comedian Harold Lloyd in his later years, narrated by his granddaughter.

As I have come to expect, the team at the 3-D Film Archive have done a great job mastering the source material, the 3-D is flawless. From the description on the Flicker Alley web site, I initially thought the 3D Slides would be boring filler, but surprisingly not so. With the narration they are quite entertaining. For anyone into 3-D, this is another must have disc.

Thanks for the review Mitchell! I have most of the 3-D Archive's releases and I'm looking forward to this one too

Comment

Working...
    X