Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JULY 1St : Not cool !!

Hello,

I have received a mail from our Post Office that entrance Customs rules will change on July First for UE people:

Everything bought outside UE on Net will be taxed from first Euro , new or second hand as well. It is supposed to be a new rule from UE administration.

So , it is suggested to pay taxes at source before sending I assume. If taxes are payed once articles are arrived in delivery coutry, an additionnal extra fees for administrative treatment is charged , ect, ect......
    Additionnal Extra fee will be applied on a flat rate basis.

Approximately , taxes are around 20% for usual articles.

No comments...

Same in Belgium ! The Belgian post office added in its communication that even items sent before the 1st July will be fully taxed. I've been lucky to receive Friday my Gozilla film (I will screen tonight 🤪) from Dave. Since he kindly put a low value on the customs form, I didn't have to pay any tax. That will, sadly change from next month.

Comment

Hello Dominique,

Do you confirm taxe rate and administrative fees on a same schema from your side ?

Comment

Hello Phil. Since you live in France, I assume you understand French. Here is what Belgian post says : Achats en ligne hors de l’UE : que savoir ? | bpost

SAME IN ENGLISH : Online shopping outside the EU: what do you need to know? | bpost

Comment

You folks have my sympathy. I don't buy outside of the U.S. too often, but boy, it kind of stings to, as a general rule, pay more shipping than the actual items.

Comment

Absolutely Osi, these new rules are a problem, particularly for small purchasings, below 100 Euros around.

Comment

Pertaining to Film collecting, almost every print in my collection has come through Canada Customs from the U.S., UK, Germany, Spain, the Netherlands and Australia. The rule is anything valued over $20 has 7% tax added. There are also other import charges. I have been very lucky as this seems to be applied randomly. I have had prints over $1000 arrive duty and tax free and charged the tax and Duty on a $150 order. It is appreciated when sellers declare a lesser value than what I paid to lessen the cost but it is done at their discretion. If the print is insured, actual value must be provided. That being said I am always prepared to be charged about another 10% when picking up the item from the Post Office but most of the time I am pleasantly surprised that there are no added fees to pay.

Comment

Try sending Eumigs outside the UK absolute nightmare with customs in EU. Ive had to send my HID conversion machines without lamps now and get the lamps sent separately from the manufacturer. Business wise more and more paperwork on top of everything else and it is making for hard work. Difficult times in may ways....
                I sympathise with you all.

Comment

I had an email from ebay the other day stating that they will be signing me up automatically to the global shipping programme in order to deal with the taxes for good sent to the EU and other countries. It appears that ebay are taking the matter in hand, if you dont use this method of shipment, they state that the customer could end up paying taxes twice as ebay will collect the 20%, for the seller so if you choose to go to the post office instead of GS, the customer will almost certainly pay the taxes twice. As always, it's the little people that get panned with taxes, nice easy targets.
                  Last edited by Tom Photiou; June 20, 2021, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X