Pizza memories ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pizza memories ...

How many of you lucky folks, back in the 70'e, into the 80's, remember going to your local Pizza parlor, and, as you satiated your overwhelming desire for pizza, also watched up on a big projector screen silent era classic comedies, projected from a Technicolor cartridge machine? I sure did, at the local Keystone pizza parlor! Yummm! Oooooh! Chaplin!

I do remember a place like that in our area called Shakey’s Pizza Parlor. You could order a pizza and drink while movies were shown. They used 16mm as I occasionally delivered the films to them from a rental library.
    Happy times.

Jim

Comment

But hey, here comes the wonderful part 2! About three years ago, I was in Albertsons, (shopping), and as we were checking out, I was talking to my Stephanie about my pizza and super 8 memories. Out of nowhere and totally surprising me, (and I am rarely surprised), the cashier turned out to be the grand daughter of the folks who used to own the Pizza parlor! She said that she and her husband had a whole stack of the Technicolor cassettes and they were about to take them to the dump, and she asked me if I would like to have them? Of course, I said yes and the next day, she brought into work 12 very dusty cassettes in a box. They were in terrible condition, but I happily took them out of the cassettes, and watched each and everyone of them, reliving those memories, and yes, I bought a massive papa Murphy's Pizza and relished every moment and every bite.

Comment

Shakey's is no stranger to this Forum!

-apparently long ago they caused Hal Roach Studios to sue Blackhawk!

Subsequent to executing the licensing agreement, plaintiff commenced selling the films to Shakey's, Inc. and its franchisees for exhibition of the films throughout the country in restaurants known as Shakey's Pizza Parlors. Shakey's advertised the films and showed them to the general public without an admission charge as part of its effort to attract customers to its restaurants. By letter dated February 24, 1970 (Exh. 3 attached to affid. of Kent D. Eastin), Hal Roach informed plaintiff that

. . . it was never our intent, written or otherwise, to allow restaurants, taverns, et cetera to advertise and exploit the films bought from you in order to entice and invite . . . [customers] into these business establishments in commercial competition with theatres.

This is not a home movies right, therefore we must ask that your boxes, invoices, et cetera clearly indicate that the films are to be used solely for home use and not for commercial exploitation and gain

https://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-b...c;f=8;t=002983

Comment

Working...
        X