Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ED WOOD coming to 4K Blu-Ray in July

VISIONS OF ED WOOD ISBN 978-1-66893-837-5

My goodness I am so excited to see some of Ed's film materials get a good scan and release by Criterion. If you were part of the army of UK film buffs and young film makers you will remember seeing all the films and documentaries on British TV with a good revival taking place encouraging many a new film maker to get behind a camera. Then we had the Manchester 16mm film screening and fan gatherings all great memories.

Love em or hate em the films are something of a enigma in film making and set right at the bottom of the production price bracket, but joy they do bring oh yes.

It will be a 6 disc set to include probably the most loved titles including PLAN 9, Bride of the Monster and many extras. Retail should be around $98 with a release date of July 20th.

For you ED its a job well done and thank you Criterion.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Ed-Wood-Jr-1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	75.8 KB ID:	36846

Oh Lee, this was announced on 1st April! If only...

Comment

Do US Blu-Ray discs play in any country?

The Visions of Ed Wood - The Criterion Collection Blu-ray Disc Details | High-Def Digest (highdefdigest.com)

Comment

I have the laser blu-bd3000 player multi region

Comment

Maurice, it depends on the region that the Blu ray or DVD is licensed for by whoever holds the rights for the content. Some are region free, others are specifically for region A, B, or C.

Comment

Originally posted by Maurice Leakey View Post
            Maurice, this release will play in any country in the world. And you don’t need a 4K player either.

I worked on the Plan 9 Dolby Atmos mix and have a pre-release check disc - I can confirm that my toaster plays it fine! It had to be a cheap unbranded Argos one though, my expensive Russell Hobbs one just spat it out.

Comment

Thank you, John
              That is indeed good news.

Comment

Any marmalade John?

Will be a memorable day here to watch 9 and Bride of the Monster on a 4K projector here.
                ​​here. The Ed Wood films had a good following at the Manchester festivals and you oft bumped into fans quoting the scripts.

Maurice you can get bluray players which have been modified to play any code of disc.

Comment

Lee, is that the Festival of Fantastic Films you are referring to? I attended a couple of times in the late nineties. A lot of fun!

Comment

Yes Rob with dear Harry Nadler now lost to us a nice guy and had some very interesting names attending over the years. I can still hear those Bell & Howells turning over yet. They of course had to cancel this years event but it looks like they may be able to do it a little later this year.

Comment

Working...
                    X