Camerawork

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camerawork

Last Saturday at my Grandson Connor game in the green No 9, I thought for once I might take some video of it, what I had trouble with was how to keep an eye on the ball. Its been a long while since I have even attempted to record something like this, while things are moving so fast and totally unpredictable, how do the experts do it? Anyway I did manage to salvage some of it on the second half and sent it of to his mum and team coach.

Its certainly more fun to watch the game rather than trying to record it, imagine trying to do this with a Super 8 camera at 18 FPS not a chance

I bought Ivan Watson book long ago back in the late 70s, If you are into any type of film making or using video, this book is a must to own. I still have mine and is well worth looking out for.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	P1010023.JPG Views:	0 Size:	48.5 KB ID:	37212
    Other books from the past which is still worth a read is this one by Mike Kent remember him from Film Making magazine. Mike did an article in how to build a 4 channel mixer covered in the mag and this book, which I did and I still use it to this day.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	P1010024.JPG Views:	0 Size:	83.1 KB ID:	37213
    Sadly due to the cost of film these days this is what I use now....
    Click image for larger version  Name:	P1110089.JPG Views:	0 Size:	126.8 KB ID:	37214
    Click image for larger version  Name:	P1110090.JPG Views:	0 Size:	130.3 KB ID:	37215
    Click image for larger version  Name:	P1110087.JPG Views:	0 Size:	114.0 KB ID:	37216

Comment

Today was very interesting, as one of the parents brought along a small drone that is fitted with a 4K camera. But first he obtained everyone permission from both teams and the hosting club to be able to use it. Permission was given, and I am sure most folk would have thought "this is neat", anyway I had a interesting chat to him about it. The most important thing was that drone needed to be high enough not to be distracting. However during the first half you could hear it buzzing overhead, some of the kids picking on this on the pitch, were as most folk would do "wave at the camera" Second half and at a much higher altitude you could no longer hear it, this time the parents and kids concentrated on the game forget about the drone.

At the end he showed me some of the results, and from above it really looked great, rock steady 4K image. He told me he has used it to go fishing, with the drone heading out to sea with the hook and line to be dropped at the right time amazing I have never heard of anyone going fishing with a drone what brilliant idea

Comment

Working...
      X