Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Cinema Experience

AH! The good ole days, I haven't been for a while

Graham, your link leads to the main Youtube page, not to the specific video you wish to share.

Comment

It's fairly hard to describe, but the best way I can describe the difference, is, l have many of the Laurel And Hardy films, restored on DVD or Blu-ray, and they are quite pleasant, but I put on the same film, scratches, grain and all, on super 8, and I personally can almost feel transported right back to that audience on the early thirties, and I am laughing right next to them. That is the best that l can describe the feeling.

Comment

Thanks to collector friend, i have this Simpson THX intro on 16mm along with a few others, i know my projecotr wont produce the sound but it still looks and sounds great.

Comment

It works on my phone 🥳

Comment

That was strange Dominique, glad it worked on your phone

Comment

Sounded more t like the sensuround in one of my local cinemas (sadly demolished this year). The light fittings in the foyer shook at times. This was in the days of continuous performances and I was buying a ticket when the film had just started.

Comment

Funny thinking about Cinema visits. As a kid in the 40's I'd sit in a packed local house waiting for the man to duck under the curtains waiting for the censors certificate to appear giving him the o.k. to wind the curtains open. He sat on a three legged stool. When a piece of the ceiling plaster fell off they tied the remaining piece up with string! My most recent visit was to an Odeon to see the Laurel and Hardy film. I was the only one there. How things have changed.

Comment

I've gone twice to the cinema recently to see films that I could have watched on either HBO Max or Hulu. I wanted to see these on a big screen and hear them through a great sound system.

Comment

This reminded me of watching "JAWS" again last night my grandson said he hid on the floor until the "music bit" was over at the severed head scene

Comment

Working...
                    X