Video Uploads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Uploads

I thought I might try this again, with a size of only 4.82 MB, length 18 seconds, MP4 Video file. When I tried it, after a while it came back saying you can't upload a MP4 file. I thought that was a bit strange, so my question is, what are the requirements for video files?

Good question. If my weekend isn't too busy I'll try and look into it. It should be able to be done.

Comment

Give it a try Graham. If I did this correctly, the forum should now permit .mp4 files up to 125MB in size to be uploaded directly.

Comment

Hi Brad....I tried to up-load a MP4 video file 117MB with a running time of 07.05 minutes direct from "my videos" on the computer. It appeared to be loading OK, but after a while it came back as unsuccessful to due the size. I was hoping that being under 125MB that it would have worked.

Comment

Hmmm, can you try one not quite so large? Something under 100MB, or even under 50MB? (I may have mucked up the math.)

Comment

Hi Brad...I will try this one and see what happens...Its 51MB at 3.16minutes long..

After a while it came back Error PHP max post size has been exceeded....

Comment

Aha, ok this isn't a forum issue then. Sounds like an issue within PHP. I'll try and see if I can delve back into this sometime soon.

Comment

Hi Brad,
                As you say, this issue is most likely related to the php.ini file. Look for this file in the root structure...and open in wordpad/notepad to have a look. There will be a line indicating upload max, specified in seconds. That number has to be increased. If this doesn't work, then I would speak with the ISP to see if they have any other restriction that admins cannot alter(sucha as in the htaccess).
                I remember this(php.ini) as being an issue for me on one of my PHP based forums as well, and after increasing it worked great.
                HOWEVER, I must mention that everytime my server(RARELY) goes down and they(the isp) backs it up, they seem to default to the same php.ini and i have to remember to make the change to the updated one...If you make this change, save the php.ini offline in case...
                Hope this helps....
                --
                Cheers,
                Matt 📽

Comment

Working...
                X