How Chinese seller can send items internationally at very cheap cost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Chinese seller can send items internationally at very cheap cost

I once ordered a clone TV remote control from a Chinese seller through Ebay. It cost me $5 postage included while the same clone remote will cost me $8 locally but I still need to pay for parking and gaz.

When the r/c arrived, guess who delivered it? it was a DHL guys!! The postage was merely about $0.80 and the item's weight was about 100 grams.

I now ordered so many items from this type of sellers (just sort through Ebay search "Free International shipping cost"). I am not talking how they could sell the item so cheap, since they probably made millions of them. I am more curios to know what type of contract they have with the postal companies.

I would like this to happen when I ordered films, belts, bulbs, reels etc without need to worry with the shipping cost.

Sadly there is still not chinese belt seller which I believe they who actually made it.

Funny how, those Wolverine also are not sold from China where I am 100% sure they made all that Wolverine and the re-badges (clones). Why?

Cheers,

If payments are made in American dollars it then may be why Chinese sellers can offer cheap or low priced deliveries. No doubt such currency is welcomed.

Comment

Shipping is highly subsidised by the Chinese government to encourage exports so sellers are paying pennies to ship. There is also the economies of scale for the sheer volume of what is being sent worldwide. Also, until recently China was categorised as a 3rd world country and as such was subsidised under international postal agreements. Sorry to bring this up but President Trump threatened to take US out of that agreement unless China realigned.

Remember watching a television programme were it was stated China could built and ship a washing machine anywhere for about £50 to £70 so does makes you wonder were the profits go to.

Comment

Working...
      X