Forum Members Age

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Members Age

As most of us are getting on in years this is one movie we should all watch. Michael Caine along with his young co-star are brilliant. A few weeks ago I watched him in his first film "Zulu" that I first watched at the cinema, way way back around the 1964-65 mark

Anyway considering the age of many here, I thought you should take the time to watch this one, just hope you don't land up in a retirement home like this one

I've been at Settlers Village for six years-jolly glad I got here before we started this lock-down business! Albany,Auckland.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up Graham, I’m at that age and will definitely watch it. Ironically watched a Caine movie on the box last night, Harry Brown. Absolutely brilliant piece of movie making,, very atmospheric and a sign of our troubled times. Caine was superb and seems to have improved with age , give it go, you will love it!
      John

Comment

Hi John

We ran the 35mm print of "Harry Brown" it is indeed a superb film, also got it later on blu-ray. I liked the ending where at last he could walk safely through the underground walkway. Michael Caine seems to be busy making all sorts of films these days. "Going In Style" is also a good one

Comment

Spoilers Graham!

Comment

Ah! and here is a nice interview from the man himself

Comment

Aging?.....never heard of the word....Shorty

Comment

I dreaded turning thirty! (THIRTY!! -HarHarHarrrrrr!!!!)

Comment

I've felt thirty was the worse decade birthday for me.

Comment

I hear you!

-by the time I hit 50 I was grateful for my blessings and pretty contented. We went out to a favorite restaurant with a bunch of our friends and had a blast!

Comment

It's funny, I am 55, still work out three times a week, and can still do 70 push ups in a minute, but I see the "signs" and the little aches here and there, and I can only hope that I will have a very slow slide into a lack of various abilities. Doing bi-cep curls with my ELMO should keep me in shape for awhile, (hee hee), but I have also seen perfectly healthy 60 year olds bite the big one suddenly, so I'd best enjoy my films and my family while I can, (gee, what a downer of a post!)

Comment

You should hear what "Michael Caine" has to say about getting old in this interview with "The New York Times", its very interesting.

Comment

This may just be my opinion, but I think we value each day more as we get older as, when we are younger, it seems life is forever. Other things, oddly, means more. We have been saving to buy a new home for 15 years, (not easy with an expensive hobby), but even though we will be spending our last winter and spring in our present house, we know our new house will be better, but I am already starting to get " moody" with each day that passes, thinking about leaving this house.

Comment

I am 87. Am I the oldest? Bought my first "proper" projector a Pathe Ace at age of 12 and camera a Coronet at 13. Projector was purchased from Wings Chemists,in Woolwich, the camera from Butcher,Curnows in Blackheath village. This was the Butcher who developed Butchers Empire projectors and also Butchers Film Distributers. See article in 9.5 magazine. Re "Is Anybody There" missed that somehow but recently saw "The Last Bus" at our local little cinema, with Timothy Spall in the lead role. Really fantastic, acting on his part and also the make up. Not everyones "cup of tea" but extremely well done. Ken Finch.

Comment

I am 61.
                              Although it usually helps to subtract 50 years and act my true age.......👹

Comment

Working...
                              X