Projector Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Projector Tour

I honestly can't remember if I have posted this before, someone in the past did asked for a closer look, but can't remember who excuse the Scottish accent, by the way there are no sub-titles ha ha Anyway this very rough and thrown quickly video was put together a while back, that gives an idea what is involved in running film through a almost 100 year old projector.

Love the video! You have certainly done a great job in bringing the machine up to modern day spec. I love manual threading projectors, I am always wary when using auto thread machines, in fact I only use manual thread these days, there is something very satisfying when lacing up and knowing all is correct before switching on the motor. Your projector certainly runs like a Swiss watch, testament to the great engineering skills used in the good old days, they dont make em like this anymore!
    I am sure she will be purring along long after many more modern ones have hit the skip.
    John

Comment

Interesting to see five platters.
      In all the cinemas where I worked they only had three platters which was a great inconvenience if management wanted more than two films in one single day's screening.

Comment

Working...
      X