My apologies.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My apologies.

I've had some thought regarding my posts or replies to post. Whether actually appropriate or helpful. You know the saying "hearts in the right place". With me not being a novelist, it's difficult to strike the right mood or use the right words. I'm laughing thinking about using the right words but not necessarily in the right order! Morecambe & Wise. Having said that, replying without being helpful or respectful to the topic doesn't gain any favors. So my appologies.
    Now whilst on my break earlier today I was musing over cross boarder payments and fees. So here is some bonus reading if you will.

Fees are a pain. Knowing the cost upfront isn't always easy. We're taking PayPay and Cross Boarder Payments (different currencies) fees. There are other fees too, like service fees. Again we're taking eBay, PayPal and Cross Boarder exchange, import etc. Infact I'm taking Fees in general and just knowing them or avoiding them legally. You know, payment to friends and family on PayPal. Credit cards that don't charge a fee for foreign payments. I'm not talking tax avoidance or money laundering 😋
    Paying friends and family using PayPal and cross boarder currencies worked out cheaper using a credit card that doesn't charge a fee than using PayPals inhouse payment. I just got the lenders going rate on exchange. Both PayPal and eBay are cheeky that way by displaying a cross boarder currency value only to inflate it once committed. Fortunately the displayed price given by PayPal for a friends and family payment to overseas currency was more expensive by a fair bit. Using the other payment option worked out well. B&H Photo (I'm in the UK) has a checkout system that allows you to purchase knowing all fee but those added via your payment provider. This includes VAT and import duties. So as long as payment provider doesn't charge an additional fee at a later date (Lloyds) you're final payment is clealy shown.
    In summary, finding a decent lender for foreign payments and checking alternative options at checkout can save you some dosh! Using the wrong method can cost you and in some cases, days later.
    Hope this tad of info comes in handy. That's if you can follow my write up. 👍 Remember, I'm no novelist.
    All the best and keep your hobby fun and enjoyable.

Now don't you go fretting young man, I've very much enjoyed reading your posts for one and nice to read about your projectors breeding something most of us suffer from.

I can't get my own whats left of it brain round the drastic way the payment thing has changed which seems a bit like how many can snatch a charge between transactions. Your info is very helpful so thanks for that.
    Take care.

Comment

Cheers Lee. A bit of positivity lightens the day

Unfortunately, I've bred a few more projectors since quitting breeding! There may be a plan after all!

All the best

Comment

Working...
      X