X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graham Ritchie
    replied
    So true Paul.

The projectionist in the video moved in up the road where we live, and is now married with two wee ones and very busy being a registered electrician, doing very well. When he worked at the cinema I did suggest to "get a trade" like electrical and that's what he did, "go where the money is" . working at the cinema for the young is only ever temporary stepping stone in my view, but its certainly for them a great start.

Leave a comment:

• Paul Adsett
    replied
    Very nice Graham, bittersweet memories for you I am sure. One thing I know is that those young people will never forget working at Movieland. My daughter worked at a cinema here in Orlando when she was in high school and still talks about the great time she had there.

Leave a comment:

• Graham Ritchie
    started a topic Ten Year Anniversary

Ten Year Anniversary

Well folks it will have been 10 years next month when the cinema closed, hard to believe the years have past so quick, anyway the last few weeks I have been working on the original video tapes, in an attempt to get better picture quality than the video I up-loaded a while back, plus it also gave me a chance to change and add a little bit, you might say its now the directors cut

This is the final video of the place, its interesting that years later after the place closed, the young lady rolling the ice creams told me after I bumped into her working in a cafe, that her friends would not believe that she once worked in a cinema and had rolled ice creams. Only when she showed them later the video copy I gave her from way back in 2011 they then believed her.

So there you go, its not just a record of the cinema itself but of the people that once worked there, something to show "there" kids.

Working...
X