Hope for Hollywood ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hope for Hollywood ...

Here is what I hope happens with Hollywood. The film Makers finally bristle at having demands forced upon themselves, and rebel, revolt, and say, " Screw the Oscars! I am going to make the films I want! ", Which will either, sadly, end a long tradition of the Oscars, or others will take over the Oscars eligibility, and return it to what it was meant to be, simply a celebration of film-making, and not a tool for changing society in general.

The Oscars are a joke, they have been for many years. Its a platform for actors to try and be politicians and have a ten minute preach and cry.
    It's now fast becoming a farce with the aftermath all moaning that not enough of a certain gender, sex or colour won an Oscar. This year on the news we were told there still isn't enough women winning Oscars and that clearly the Oscars are still racist as not enough you know what have won.
    So what do they need to do? I wonder,
    I have it, split the amount of Oscars that are given out and divide them into equal numbers so that Women, actors of colour, trans and those who have no idea what they are get an equal share, that should sort it. AS long as its not given the middle ages white geezers or those with real acting/directing/editing/cinematographers talents, thats not what Oscars are for anymore.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	curse_of_the_werewolf_1961.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	44583 OH MY GOD ! You've GOT to be kidding ! Well , that's the END of another American Institute .

Comment

Artistes (that covers all trades) want two things in abundance MONEY and RECOGNITION or the other way round. That covers that subject.

As Don Siegel responded when told Two Mules for Sister Sara was a piece of crap compared to the original concept. Siegel replied that it was a great feeling to wake up in the morning and know there was a check in the mail.

Comment

Working...
        X