Halloween Kills and other frights in the night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halloween Kills and other frights in the night

Managed to see Halloween Kills at the Kinema and did enjoy the movie particularly the flash back sequences full of nostalgia. The guy who did Donald Pleasance was so observant of the originals movements what a joy.
    The film would also appeal to the younger slasher fans ..not really for me that bit.
    The thing that caught my eye was the skillful use of camera lenses so similar in places to the original corner blur shots quite something to see now.

Some funny moments as well but you would have to know the old films to get it. Look forward to watching it once more I hope.

Loved the Evil Dead homage sequences or nod to what has shocked before.

9/10 from me enjoyable romp with some nicely cheesy performances in places.

Thanks for the review - I intend to see it this week.

Comment

Lee, i hope you wernt spreading that cold of yours in the cinema, that would be a horror in itself
      Mind you, cant beat the original Halloween.
      Last edited by Tom Photiou; October 17, 2021, 02:41 AM.

Comment

This is true, I think tje 8 or so in the Kinema enjoyed it.
        Tend to pick my
        Screening times and book a quiet show but nice to see big screen entertainment for sure.

Comment

I'm watching Halloween Kills this evening after I get off work! Looking forward to seeing Michael Myers back in action.

Comment

I really liked it a lot! Had a ton of fun. Def not perfect and thought it was weirdly paced at times, but I’m all in for the last movie.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-10-20 at 10.05.11 PM.png
Views:	76
Size:	498.2 KB
ID:	44972

I have to say I was REALLY impressed with the flashback scenes and the recreation of Donald Pleasance as the iconic Dr. Loomis. Loot at these pics!! Wow!!

The movie was OK. But Jamie Lee wasn't around much in the movie - mostly in angry recovery mode at the hospital. The makeup folks had some fun with the gruesome effects and kills during this movie. I would have preferred more suspense and jump scares than the overly horrible ways all of Michael's victims are dispatched. But I have loved this franchise from the get-go and I am sure THE SHAPE will be back....

Comment

Working...
              X