Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Film is not always as you think. The Hallelujah Trail Scope low fade.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Film is not always as you think. The Hallelujah Trail Scope low fade.

I suppose it's a bit odd to buy a film you have never seen before, or know very little about it, in some cases, it could be a costly mistake.
    Have you ever bought a film off the cuff?
    My point is this, i have been looking to make a few purchases with some cash raised selling other 8mm films. A couple of titles were offered to me by a very good friend who's descriptions should be adopted by dealers. Every film i have bought form this collector have been 100% spot on as far as descriptions are concerned, i have never had a film from him i wished i hadn't bought and my latest purchase is no exception.

The Hallelujah Trail Scope low fade, it was described as a lot of lines and a lot of splices, yes, it does have a lot of lines, (images dont always show them up?), but i have bought much worse off dealers in the past and had to return them. It does have a number of splices and some which are jumpy, however, the splices are all tidy and despite a few jumps in dialogue, didn't cause me any problems, the jumps are very short and could easily be tidied up. I was going to sell it on but having never seen the film before, it made me laugh quite a lot, a great cast with Burt Lancaster and Lee Remick among many others, makes it a very good viewing. The stock is either IB tech or at least a low fade stock, the colours are fantastic.
    A very funny, fun western with a great cast, definatly one of my best additions. At present time i will get a few more viewings from it, definatly not what i thought, but it is much much better and that makes it a very good and happy acquisition.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3283.jpg Views:	0 Size:	161.6 KB ID:	44559 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3296.jpg Views:	0 Size:	136.8 KB ID:	44557 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3309.jpg Views:	0 Size:	129.8 KB ID:	44558 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3302.jpg Views:	0 Size:	147.5 KB ID:	44556 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3292.jpg Views:	0 Size:	164.7 KB ID:	44560 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3329.jpg Views:	0 Size:	151.1 KB ID:	44561 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3292.jpg Views:	0 Size:	164.7 KB ID:	44566 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3332.jpg Views:	0 Size:	118.5 KB ID:	44562 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3338.jpg Views:	0 Size:	178.6 KB ID:	44563
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Tom Photiou; October 16, 2021, 01:55 PM.

Interesting reading Tom. I only collect st 8 films and have been for the last 30 years. I am not particularly interested in the newer titles available on Super 8 , usually I have already seen them either on TV or cinema. I just love picking up odd ball titles I’ve never heard of or ever seen. I have been lucky with my purchases over the years and although they are mainly 40s 50s films most have been in good condition and great to watch. I love b/w seems to add more atmosphere and I feel in the most part have good storylines. There were some great titles printed on St8 in the earlier days and I love the challenge of chasing after them.
    John

Comment

Working...
    X