Ouch! PayPal and Currency Conversion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ouch! PayPal and Currency Conversion.

I've mentioned this previously but no harm in doing so once more.

PayPal is useful but fees can be expensive. For example. Selling on eBay and wanting to only sell within your own country. The buyer may use a forwarding address that allows them to buy with an address in your country yet pay in a different currency. When converted to your own currency, fees and conversion rates are applied. Result, you get less. You can stipulate other currencies to be held without conversion. Not sure on the benifits of that.
    Now to Friends & Family payments with different currencies, and the reason for this post. Quite pleased with myself.
    Friends and Family payments with different currency is done with double value input box. You put in either your own currency amount and your recipient gets whats the value is once converted and fees removed. Or you put in the recipients currency total and the other box shows the value PayPay will take to get the recipients total. Say 100 to recipient, you would pay, lets say 80. However, you get the option to use your own money providers exchange and fee arangment. This has worked out cheaper on the two occasions I've used this service. Downside is your not given a total that you'll be charged until the transaction is done and through to your payment provider. I know my provider doesn't charge a fee. Some saving to be made if used correctly.
    👍

This is a rip off from PayPal and Visa. The exchange rates are always less favourable than the normal rates.

Comment

Yes, it does pay to shop around and link a favorable payment provider to your PayPal account.

Comment

Working...
      X