Another eBay curiosity. ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another eBay curiosity. ...

Has anyone run into this? You go to the check out on eBay, before you go to the main checkout page, it states, under the price of the item, "free shipping", then you go to the final page to confirm payment, and it has shipping on there. Confusing, don't know why it would say "free shipping" and not be free?

That's when you call eBay ( or email them to call you ) and tell them exactly that . They will , for sure , help you figure out to make the sale .

Comment

Is it an international item to you but free local shipping. Same as conversion rates, they're favourable until locked at checkout ​​​​​​. Encourage the sale, deal with the flack afterwards.
      Ebay is a bit like gardening. You either love it or hate it, good or bad at it. Either way, sometime it needs to be done!

Comment

And be careful with items listed on eBay in the UK since now there is a 20% VAT tax. Some sellers will list that the VAT is to be expected, while others don't mention it. But the one thing that is certain is that it will be applied at the time of checkout. This will also be the case for Europe too, if I understood well, starting in July of next year.

Comment

This wasn't an international sale. It was a "local", in the U.S. thing. That's one of the things that made it confusing. Note: I'm not new to this, having sold for over 10 years. I do know that, at times, using a cell phone, some "pages" will show more or less info.

Comment

Sometimes my cell phone shows different prices. Also this maybe a coincidence but searching a new product from eastern countries but the item you want isn't listed in your country but a similar one is. Keep searching and it'll soon appear! Bit off topic there though.

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph Banfield View Post
              And be careful with items listed on eBay in the UK since now there is a 20% VAT tax. Some sellers will list that the VAT is to be expected, while others don't mention it. But the one thing that is certain is that it will be applied at the time of checkout. This will also be the case for Europe too, if I understood well, starting in July of next year.
              Joseph,

As a business seller we have already been approached by eBay with reference to the Vat system, You are slightly incorrect, If a seller is not registered for VAT then the price you sell for is is the price paid by the customer, however if you are registered then you must divide the sale price into price plus VAT at listing and this is what the listing will state.

A private sale will not be charged extra VAT

At least that is what eBAy hs assured us of .... I suppose we must wait and see.

(It is the same as a trade and a retail price list nowadays, the trade pricelist is ex vat - the retail includes the vat)

Nick

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cartman.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	2.1 KB
ID:	45280

Comment

It also appears that, as a general rule, eBay is doing it's level best to eliminate media mail shipping. I just bought a collection of Disney titles on super 8, the ole WDHM 200ft. The seller said that when making out an eBay label, eBay didn't allow for media mail to be selected, and so, had to send it by priority. I don't know if that is absolutely true, but I do know that, at times, eBay will state a message saying, " media mail cannot be selected for this item", when it most certainly is, as I almost never sell anything that is not media mail. We do know, however, that eBay DOES take a small percentage of every shipping, so it makes sense that they will try to make you select a higher shipping, as it means more money for them, which is why whenever I ship, I go down to the post, MYSELF, and do
                not just make a label and leave the shipping to others, as well as inevitably saving money for the customer.
                ​​​​​
                ​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                X