TV Shows during the digital takeover!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV Shows during the digital takeover!

I've been watching Charmed (not the reboot). Episode 15 Series 2, I think February 2000. Pru, a character in the show, wants to become a photographer. She had a stack load of film, 35mm boxes of 24/36 wrapped in plastic. Not sure, like a bulk shop pack of 50 or more rolls. A massive Nikon F (possibly digital D) with a Kodak power wind/battery pack. Very visible products placements. Later episode she was to photograph a subject who thought her to be an amateur for using digital! The episodes had nothing really to do with film but when mentioned or on screen Kodak, Nikon and the use of film as apposed to digital was very much the theme.
    By series 3, when Pru was using her camera, the products were covered up. Nikon tapped over etc... I did notice a Minolta.
    It's like Nikon and Kodak were either being asked too much to advertise their products or digital was clearly advancing. The next 10 years everything changes!
    Any other, shows where possibly the production team and their dealings with the change from film to digital seems to enter the shows they're producing?
Working...
X