Talking Pictures TV new streaming service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talking Pictures TV new streaming service

Talking pictures TV in the UK are starting a new online streaming catch up service called 'Talking Pictures TV Encore'.

It starts on 1st December and will be uncensored. I presume this means that they are not having to adhere to ofcom rules when streaming and don't have to worry about old films and programmes causing upset to any twitter mobs looking to be offended.

Great news for vintage film lovers in the UK.

That's good news and I hope it works technically. I got rid of my TV licence back in summer 2020. Talking Pictures was the only thing I missed doing that, but now.. : )

Comment

They seem to have a twitter account for this new service. For all of you that do such things it is https://twitter.com/TPTVEncore

Comment

Talking Pictures TV is going on-demand, with the launch of its own streaming service.

An independent archive film and television channel, Talking Pictures TV has a mission to air some of the rarest and greatest gems from film history, plundering the deepest and darkest vaults of Pinewood, Twickenham and Shepperton Studios. The broad range of titles takes viewers from Westerns and weepies to comedies and creepies, including films such as The Glass Mountain, Blood of the Vampire, The Golden Disc, Gorgo, Dixon of Dock Green and Thunder Rock, with everything playing out in its native aspect ratio.

Now, the UK’s largest independent channel is entering the streaming arena. Called TPTV Encore, its on-demand platform will launch on 1st December and will bring together hundreds of hours – including films and TV series – from the Talking Pictures TV archive, with all of it uncensored and available to watch on your own schedule. And, to cap it all off, the service will be free.

The library will comprise as much catch-up content as possible from the channel’s linear broadcasts, along with TPTV Encore exclusives and new content. We’ll have more details for you next week.

Until then, you can catch the channel itself on Sky (channel 328), Freeview (channel 81), Freesat (channel 306) and Virgin (channel 445).
        Source: https://vodzilla.co/blog/vod-news/tp...aming-service/

Another article at https://rxtvinfo.com/2021/talking-pi...demand-service states:

However, the new TPTV Encore service is still expected to be subject to Ofcom, under rules given to regulate video on-demand services that are editorially based in the UK.

Comment

Good to hear they are moving into this area. Will this be instead of or alongside the tv channel?

Comment

Michael, it will run as well as the normal TV channel and will have much of the week's TV schedule available as catch up. There will also be an archive of material to view (not previously broadcast by the TV channel, I think).

Best channel in the UK and very exciting that they are adding this service.

Comment

Thanks, Gary. Sounds good.

Comment

Working...
              X