No announcement yet.

The Clyde

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well the one blocked in the US is OK in the UK, very nice.

Comment

This video taken by a "well spoken" young lady just lately, is certainly worth watching as she talks you through a trip on the "Waverley" from London to Southend. I was "very" impressed how informative she was, although its not exactly the Clyde, but its still worth watching as its so well done, for me this is what the internet is all about.

Comment

New video on the Wavelty from a visit to london. By a poster who normally does rai only posts, though this one does have a connection.
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LyAqxpk7xc

Comment

Thanks for that link Brian I have been following her latest and very successful summer season on Facebook, its great to see how popular she is country wide. I understand she is back home and having a well deserved rest

Comment

Originally posted by Graham Ritchie View Post
            That's a shame Ed I wonder if it was to do with the music he added?

Anyway no problem with ours taken during a visit way back in 1992
            Here is more info on the blocked video:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	67
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	88820​

All the others videos play fine in US.

I live about 3 hours from Canada, and take occasional trip to Vancouver and Victoria BC. A nice option for the trip is the high speed ferry from Seattle to Victoria. The Victoria Clipper ship specifications:

San Juan Clipper

Boat length: 114 feet, width: 28.5 feet
            Carries 200 passengers and 3-4 attendants for service
            Waterjet propulsion system, reaching speeds up to 25 knots
            Three viewing decks
            Upper level outside deck open to passengers, note this is non-reserved seating​

Here is a video from youtube that shows the trip:

Why is the Waverly being retired? We have the Virginia V steamship in Seattle, and it is still in use.

I enjoyed your video. Had to smile when after the opening shots of the departure, you head straight to the engine room! You wouldn't be a retired Engineer would you?
            Attached Files

Comment

Very good Ed I enjoyed that video, yes a visit to the engine room is a must.

The Waverley is not being retired, its just the end of the session and time for catching up on any work which might include time in dry dock getting her ready for next summer. It used to be the case back in the 1960s that most of the Clyde fleet would tie up in for the winter months in Greenock, except for the usual car/ passenger ferry service.

This link was posted just to days ago of the pilot boarding her as she was entering the lower part of the "River Thames" 25 miles downstream from London taken this year.

Comment

They are all fine ships, but here is my favorite way to travel on water:
                Click image for larger version

Name:	vessel-Adventuress-1-800x530.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	124.5 KB
ID:	88917

(Not the ferry in the background!)

Comment

Working...
                X