British weather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British weather

The storm that hit the north last night makes us lucky that Blackpool was last week. There is a report that part of a building collapsed in Springfield road, near the Metropol Hotel and that the Prom (the route to see the illuminations) and trams are disrupted today.

The snow is that sticky kind. Sticking to overhead cables and all sorts. The extra weight and the extra area for wind to add force. One of my trees snapped just through shear bulk of snow and wind.
    Went to work this morning and we all got sent home, no power. Great, I'll do some projectors. About an hour later my power went off. By 7am I was back in bed. 9.30 and still waiting for power. Warming up now though.

Comment

Up here on Bute we had very high winds yesterday (which have subsided now) which caused the ferries to stop running - good job that I seldom leave the island! 😉

Comment

I also see a great number of railway lines reported out, either due to high winds affecting the overhead power wires or obstructions on the line (trees etc).

Comment

Bute looks nice. Some architecture up there.

Comment

Indeed there is Stuart. Bute has the benefit for me of the 'island way of life' and yet by ferry and train, I can be in Glasgow in less than 90mins 🙂

Comment

As we say in the North
              Newt like a good blow at Blacky!

Was there yesterday and it developed into a monsoon also in the cemetery where I was tending Frank Randles grave. Later a walk on the promenade we disappeared in sand coming over the sea wall as did cars near the central pier.
              alpier.All this is nothing new as in 1975 I was filming the Illuminations with my dad on the trusty Sankyo S8 camera and conditions were very similar.

Today we had snow and nice to get some pictures of the local farms and animals.

Comment

Working...
              X